+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

HZAKEREH

Jan 11, 2021
As previouly said, i have sent my application on Oct 22nd and was received by IRCC on Oct 28th

I received an email yesterday and just checked the status of my application:
Permanent Resident Card
1- We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 28, 2020.
2- We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 13, 2021.
3- We started processing your application on January 13, 2021.

What would be the message in case of approval or refusal? When I sent my application, my passport was about to expire ( November 4th ), theybstill approve my application in this case?
PS: I have renewed my passport and I have a new one now (it took me 3 months from November to January)

HZAKEREH

Jan 11, 2021
No no not Canadian, if I have a Canadian passport I do not have to worry about my PR
For citizenship, I am planning to apply after I come back to Canada since I am willing to travel to my home country (that's why I want my PR ASAP)..someone told me to apply for citizenship now instead of PR renewal, thank God did not listen to them

AJ JIPP

Star Member
Oct 2, 2015
For citizenship, I am planning to apply after I come back to Canada since I am willing to travel to my home country (that's why I want my PR ASAP)..someone told me to apply for citizenship now instead of PR renewal, thank God did not listen to them
Ok you were referring to the passport for your home country.

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Hello

An update for my application:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 28, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 30, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on December 30, 2020.
The status has been "Decision Made" since last Tuesday, January 5th, and nothing has changed since then. Is it normal that the status has not changed for more than 9 days? Should I call them or send a webform? Any body in the same situation as me?

ALAZ9750

Jan 4, 2021
Hello

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 28, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 30, 2020.
The status has been "Decision Made" since last Tuesday, January 5th, and nothing has changed since then. Is it normal that the status has not changed for more than 9 days? Should I call them or send a webform? Any body in the same situation as me?
Hey, on you're #3, where it says we started processing your application, do you get an email stating that as i just got my AOR and haven't gotten anything afterwards.

samzzz

Jan 7, 2021
Hello

I didn't receive anything since December 17th. Apparently no one got that line indicates they send out the PR card in this year so far.

AJ JIPP

Star Member
Oct 2, 2015
Hey, on you're #3, where it says we started processing your application, do you get an email stating that as i just got my AOR and haven't gotten anything afterwards.
When was your application received by IRCC based on the AOR you received?

HZAKEREH

Jan 11, 2021
In my case, i believe everyone case too, only one an email to be received stating the application was receiced; then you have to check the website using the UCI# for the status
The status changed from in process to decision made without being notified by an email

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
No, after AOR-email, I received no email, nothing. I just check application status, and when I click on “Decision Made”, these lines show up.

Last edited:

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
I didn't receive anything since December 17th. Apparently no one got that line indicates they send out the PR card in this year so far.
Yea. I remember some people in this thread whose cards were mailed a few days after their status had changed to “Decision Made” in December, but since January, nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: samzzz

ALAZ9750

Jan 4, 2021
In my case, i believe everyone case too, only one an email to be received stating the application was receiced; then you have to check the website using the UCI# for the status
The status changed from in process to decision made without being notified by an email
Ah i see, unfortunately i cannot link my application nor see it, i can't seem to get it done.

I did it with the UCI and it cant seem to find it

edit; i got my AOR yesterday, on the 13th.

Last edited: