+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

ukncanada89

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
btw I wanted to know if we r waiting for first pr
card n we have to travel between that time can we apply for PRTD from outside canada? n will we have to apply for pr card again once we enter canada again?

Dec 17, 2020
which province u in? Bcz I think it varies by province, some of them are real quick and some got lockdown and all the lazy stuff, that's why might be slow!
I was talking about PR Card renewal (not the first PR card). In case of PR card renewal, the province should not matter because all applications goto nova scotia, sydney office.

Bondo2

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Cairo
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, anyone got "Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on ..." line after holiday yet?

my summary is as follow: (status: decision made)
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 22, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 17, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on December 17, 2020.
thanks
My family and I have been stuck on this step since December 16. A friend of ours sent his application more than week after we did and her card was in production a week ago. They don't really work in sequence and I guess it depends on the officer

Reactions: samzzz

AM-MA

Sep 29, 2020
My family and I have been stuck on this step since December 16. A friend of ours sent his application more than week after we did and her card was in production a week ago. They don't really work in sequence and I guess it depends on the officer
I have been stuck at this step in 28th Sept. but it says decision made as well. When I contact them they say it’s in production. Don’t know what to make of it.

ran.nanua1

Star Member
May 27, 2019
Is that ur first card?

Dec 17, 2020
Same case with me, they started processing my application on 17th Dec 2020 (they received it on 21st oct 2020), and no progress after that (not even decision made)

AM-MA

Sep 29, 2020
What the heck u guys doing in this world man, why u don’t just apply for citizenship. 5 years were alot to apply.
What the heck is wrong with u man. Do u know why I re-applied? do u know what I was doing for 5 years. So pls stop telling and recommending that apply for citizenship. I think this group is to help each other out not to give them recommendations on what they should have or shouldn’t have done.

hope20201978

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
it depends where you coming from ! Some countries you can’t give up your citizenship . and some people they already have a dual citizenship! So there’s so many conditions.
You can’t judge a book by its cover

samzzz

Jan 7, 2021
Already applied a year ago! But no one even bother to burn that useless pile of papers.

All Citizenship applications process are postponed indefinitely! The immigration office is the worst part of this government and no one even control or check their performance.

There is no activity at all. They have a huge backlog, even if they start working tomorrow it takes at least 2 to 3 years to clear this clogged rusted pipe!

almost all applications after June-July 2019 stopped at invitation & ceremony nonsense phase forever.
There is no choice to have a plan B to have clearance for a trip or so.That’s the reason for some PR Applications.

Last edited:
Reactions: hope20201978

alissanb

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
My photos for my first PR card was delivered today. And so the wait begins, again...I find it surprising how the current processing time for first PR ID card is just over 4 months when my entire immigration application was processed in 6 months!

Beltex

Star Member
Jan 24, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
Family member landed May 20, PR card issued December 20.