+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

Dreamszalone

Star Member
Oct 5, 2013
I too got the email, and upon checking in ECAS saw the below message. My case is very tricky, I have 60% days counted as working for a Canadian employer outside Canada. But I did apply for PRTD which got approved and I did attach that along with the application. Will keep you guys posted.

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 5, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 8, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on January 8, 2021.
Thanks

Reactions: RJ2020

faty82

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
I too got the email, and upon checking in ECAS saw the below message. My case is very tricky, I have 60% days counted as working for a Canadian employer outside Canada. But I did apply for PRTD which got approved and I did attach that along with the application. Will keep you guys posted.

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 5, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 8, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on January 8, 2021.
Thanks
what was the date Canada post delivered your package?

Oct 31, 2020
We were in queue to become citizenship from the Feb 2020 submissions, but since there was no activity for that process, we ended up sending PR card renewals in Nov. Here is where we are at:

Permanent Resident Card (family of 4)
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 6, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 7, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on January 7, 2021.
Few highlights that I noticed:
  • I got all 4 correspondence emails back to back with about 6-8 mts of processing times
  • The order in which I got the email was exactly the way I arranged the applications package
  • Male applicant names were in TITLE case
  • Female applicant names was in Camel Case
I will update the status as soon as I hear.

Thanks!

Last edited:

HZAKEREH

Jan 11, 2021
Hi

I have sent my application for PR renewal on October 22nd via Canada Post; It was delivered on October 29th to Sydney, NS PR Processing Centre
Until today, I have not received anything from IRCC yet; However, I have seen some applicants who have sent their application in November already got their AOR
I have sent a webform on Friday night to inquire about my application since it has passed 10 weeks and they are moving with November applications
Any October applicant is in the same boat of mine? Or should I expect more delays? I need the PR before March for travel purposes

Thanks

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Hi

I have sent my application for PR renewal on October 22nd via Canada Post; It was delivered on October 29th to Sydney, NS PR Processing Centre
Until today, I have not received anything from IRCC yet; However, I have seen some applicants who have sent their application in November already got their AOR
I have sent a webform on Friday night to inquire about my application since it has passed 10 weeks and they are moving with November applications
Any October applicant is in the same boat of mine? Or should I expect more delays? I need the PR before March for travel purposes

Thanks
I believe you would get your AOR soon. I can remember some July/August applicants in this thread, who had not received their AOR in October, while some September applicants had already received their AOR over that period of time. You're still safe. However, you can always try to call them instead of a Webform. Try to call them as early as you can in the morning. If you live Western Canada, you can call at 5-6 AM, since they start working around 8AM, I guess. I hope you get your AOR ASAP. Good Luck!

ran.nanua1

Star Member
May 27, 2019
PR card application sent: Jan 8th, 2020.
How long to wait for card now?
And I'm also getting problem in linking PR card application, anyone here to tell what to do?

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
And I'm also getting problem in linking PR card application, anyone here to tell what to do?
1- The processing time for PR card renewal application is 100 days from the day they receive your package right now. The processing time can change every week on Tuesday. Keep in mind, it's an average time, and nothing is guaranteed. So, if you sent your application on January 8th, track your package on the courier/Canada post website, and the day your package is delivered, the processing time starts from. According to what we see in this thread, right now, after 2 months you can expect your AOR. However, there are some people who complain about not receiving their AOR even after 2 months. So, this time is not considered as a fixed time for all applications.

2- You cannot link your application at this moment. You can link your application when you receive your AOR, because your application info is not in their system right now.

Good Luck!

ran.nanua1

Star Member
May 27, 2019
1- The processing time for PR card renewal application is 100 days from the day they receive your package right now. The processing time can change every week on Tuesday. Keep in mind, it's an average time, and nothing is guaranteed. So, if you sent your application on January 8th, track your package on the courier/Canada post website, and the day your package is delivered, the processing time starts from. According to what we see in this thread, right now, after 2 months you can expect your AOR. However, there are some people who complain about not receiving their AOR even after 2 months. So, this time is not considered as a fixed time for all applications.

2- You cannot link your application at this moment. You can link your application when you receive your AOR, because your application info is not in their system right now.

Good Luck!
But I’m here in BC and most of my friends got card in 3-4 weeks mostly. And they never received AOR either. So let’s see how it goes in my case. Best of luck everyone and keep updating us

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
But I’m here in BC and most of my friends got card in 3-4 weeks mostly. And they never received AOR either. So let’s see how it goes in my case. Best of luck everyone and keep updating us
Yea, but before Covid-19. Right now, for PR card renewal, the processing time is 100 days, and for first PR card, it's 125 days. You can't expect to receive your card before that, and you do have to get AOR before receiving your PR card. Without AOR, you can't know that you've delivered your package successfully. Up to you! Good luck!

ran.nanua1

Star Member
May 27, 2019
Yea, but before Covid-19. Right now, for PR card renewal, the processing time is 100 days, and for first PR card, it's 125 days. You can't expect to receive your card before that, and you do have to get AOR before receiving your PR card. Without AOR, you can't know that you've delivered your package successfully. Up to you! Good luck!
Yeah I’m also talking about nov 2020. And it’s my first card, not a renewal

Dec 17, 2020
Hi

Thanks
Iv seen november applicants reach "decision made" stage on this forum.. there is certain element of randomness here i guess...

Reactions: Bondo2
Dec 17, 2020
It will be around 56 to 60 days for you to receive AOR which says "we have received your application and started processing it"...it will be another 2 months from that date (approximately) for u to receive the new card..

• Wow
Reactions: ran.nanua1

ran.nanua1

Star Member
May 27, 2019
It will be around 56 to 60 days for you to receive AOR which says "we have received your application and started processing it"...it will be another 2 months from that date (approximately) for u to receive the new card..
which province u in? Bcz I think it varies by province, some of them are real quick and some got lockdown and all the lazy stuff, that's why might be slow!

ukncanada89

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
i know someone who got thier first pr card in 12 days n they mailed their copr n photo to kitchener office since they were already inside canada on visit visa

Reactions: ran.nanua1