+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

clouttrout

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
Do you find it risky to have 1 month only more than the standard 2 years period? And do you think sending in 16th of Dec., might reach their very busy days? And yes, sadly I need to leave earlier :(
I think you are gonna be fine as long as you spent 2 years and above in the country

AJ JIPP

Star Member
Oct 2, 2015
Hi Folks, this is timeline for 3 separate family members - PR Card Renewal:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 12, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 15, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on November 15, 2020.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on November 16, 2020.
2 of the cards were received 19th November, 1 is still yet to come in. Just wondering why as it is getting to 3 weeks since IRCC posted it. Any similar postage delay please?

Canfran

Dec 1, 2020
PR card renewal timeline:
Application was delivered on 21 September 2020.
Sent webform inquiry last week.
Received reply today 7 Dec confirming it was received.

clouttrout

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
PR card renewal timeline:
Application was delivered on 21 September 2020.
Sent webform inquiry last week.
Received reply today 7 Dec confirming it was received.
It's weird how some people whose applications were delivered early October got their AOR already and you didn't even though yours was delivered on 21st September.

rahul1911

Star Member
May 21, 2015
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 12, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 15, 2020.
2 of the cards were received 19th November, 1 is still yet to come in. Just wondering why as it is getting to 3 weeks since IRCC posted it. Any similar postage delay please?
Mine was sent on 23rd Nov 2020 and not delivered yet.

Gelg

Jan 31, 2020
Hi,

I got my card today in the mail for an urgent processing and started processing on the 23rd of November.

So basically took 2 weeks till I got the card.

Goodluck everyone

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is question for e
Hello, it has been a month since they received the extra documentation that they asked me to send: addresses for the last 5 years and copies of all my passports. I know they received it because of the courier.
However It has been a month and got no update on ecas or my cic.
Anyone know how long does it take to get an update once they receive they extra documentation?
i am in same boat , my son application required extra document and now it is one month with no update or AOR for him , did you get anything!

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
You mean, all 3 cards sent on Nov 16th to same address, but only two cards are received so far?

AJ JIPP

Star Member
Oct 2, 2015
Hi,

I got my card today in the mail for an urgent processing and started processing on the 23rd of November.

So basically took 2 weeks till I got the card.

Goodluck everyone
When did you send in your application please if I may ask?

Gelg

Jan 31, 2020
When did you send in your application please if I may ask?
Urgent processing sent on 17th of November.
Received on the 23rd of November and starting processing.
Approved on the 3rd of December + card sent.

I received the card today in the mail.

Reactions: clouttrout

AJ JIPP

Star Member
Oct 2, 2015
You mean, all 3 cards sent on Nov 16th to same address, but only two cards are received so far?
I had a Residential address and a Mailing address for all 3 applications during submission, and these are 2 separate addresses in 2 different cities in Ontario. A family home in one city were my elderly relatives live, and my current address were my nuclear family reside. Both addresses were updated on CIC client site for the 2 applications that the cards are received, with only the residential address updated for the application still pending delivery. Strangely, the 2 received cards were sent one to residential, and the other to the mailing address. We have been monitoring both addresses since but no sign of the 3rd card so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: canvisa13

AJ JIPP

Star Member
Oct 2, 2015
Urgent processing sent on 17th of November.
Received on the 23rd of November and starting processing.
Approved on the 3rd of December + card sent.

I received the card today in the mail.
Thank you. I understand these;
  • a job opportunity.
  • your own serious illness.
  • the death of a family member.
  • work related to your current job.
  • the serious illness of a family member.

as grounds for urgent application. Do you only mention this in your request letter, or will it require some sort of proof?

Last edited:

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
I had a Residential address and a Mailing address for all 3 applications during submission, and this are 2 separate addresses in 2 different cities in Ontario, A family home in one city were my elderly relatives live, and my current address were my nuclear family reside. Both addresses were updated on CIC client site for the 2 applications that the cards are received, with only the residential updated for the one pending delivery. Strangely the 2 received cards were sent 1 to residential, and the other to the mailing address. We have been monitoring both addresses since but no sign of the 3rd card so far.
Which address do they mail the cards to? The one we write in the application form or the one they have in CIC website? I have the same issue. My current correct address is the one I wrote in the application form when I applied for PR renewal. However, the address they have in their system is the one I gave them when I landed 5 yrs ago. Do I need to change my address in CIC website? or the one they have in the PR renewal application form is enough?

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
I had a Residential address and a Mailing address for all 3 applications during submission, and these are 2 separate addresses in 2 different cities in Ontario. A family home in one city were my elderly relatives live, and my current address were my nuclear family reside. Both addresses were updated on CIC client site for the 2 applications that the cards are received, with only the residential address updated for the application still pending delivery. Strangely, the 2 received cards were sent one to residential, and the other to the mailing address. We have been monitoring both addresses since but no sign of the 3rd card so far.
Thanks for the details. We have only one address in ECAS, but still one card is missing. all other family members cards are received except one card. All are sent on same day from CIC. its weird that only one card is yet to reach us.