+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

zeekie

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
I’ve been here a while, sent my application in February but came back in September with a mistake... sent it back:

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 28, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 27, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on November 27, 2020.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on December 3, 2020.

OluwaT

Star Member
Oct 2, 2020
Decison made since September.No update yet,anyone else in this situation.
What maybe the reason.They said card sent for production.How long does it take for the card to be produced?

rahul1911

Star Member
May 21, 2015
Hi All,

Need your valuable inputs, I am new to this forum and was trying to check how the timelines are for the new PR card arrival.

I completed my landing in Canada on Oct 6 2020 and I was able to link my PR card application online as well. It shows submitted from the past 1.5 month. Can anyone tell me how much time its taking to get the new PR card in the current scenario?

I am planning to visit my home country so was planning to have physical card in hand so it will be easy for my return. Any suggestion/inputs will be helpful..

Thanks in advance!!!!
There are people who have more experience with this but I will say that you keep atleast 5-6 months in your hands before you get the card.

My appliction is still in its final stages and I made it in June 2020. Mine was a renewal which takes about 25 days less compared to the first card as per processing times on IRCC website.

Reactions: Tamim8

Tamim8

Dec 4, 2019
There are people who have more experience with this but I will say that you keep atleast 5-6 months in your hands before you get the card.

My appliction is still in its final stages and I made it in June 2020. Mine was a renewal which takes about 25 days less compared to the first card as per processing times on IRCC website.
Thanks for the input buddy

Hope you get it soon.

For me I just reached the six months now I think maybe give a week or so hopefully to get the pr card by then

Citizen19

Nov 22, 2019
Application received October 4th .
I got AOR on 4th December . Starting processing 4th Dec & shows decision made on 5th December. No extra line for PR card mailed. Is that normal?

AM-MA

Sep 29, 2020
Decison made since September.No update yet,anyone else in this situation.
What maybe the reason.They said card sent for production.How long does it take for the card to be produced?
I am in same boat with u. They said same to me it’s in production. Don’t know how much long it will take.

clouttrout

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
I am in same boat with u. They said same to me it’s in production. Don’t know how much long it will take.
I wonder what causes some card to be produced almost immediately and mailed out right away and in some cases it takes forever to be produced like in your case.

AM-MA

Sep 29, 2020
I wonder what causes some card to be produced almost immediately and mailed out right away and in some cases it takes forever to be produced like in your case.
Yes no idea. I learnt from someone that there are multiple production centres so maybe the one from where our cards are being printed is slow.