+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

Halibah

Nov 4, 2020
I am an inland applicant received COPR by email sent in photos to IRCC MONTREAL PHOTOS

date sent: July 10
Ghost update: September 25

No other information since. Sent a web form back in October but only got a generic response. Anyone else in the same situation?

Daafi

Sep 18, 2019
That's really weird. My card was mailed out on the 9th as well and I am also in GTA. Still have not received anything. I remember in previous years the when the card has been mailed it takes 2-3 days to reach me. I have to travel in 10 days so I am getting worried the card is lost in mail. I verified the address again today and everything seems correct.

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
That's really weird. My card was mailed out on the 9th as well and I am also in GTA. Still have not received anything. I remember in previous years the when the card has been mailed it takes 2-3 days to reach me. I have to travel in 10 days so I am getting worried the card is lost in mail. I verified the address again today and everything seems correct.
Sorry to hear this. Some people get it within a week, others a bit late. At this stage seems like you have to just wait. You should have initially marked your application as urgent processing.

clouttrout

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
Sorry to hear this. Some people get it within a week, others a bit late. At this stage seems like you have to just wait. You should have initially marked your application as urgent processing.
Can you still mark your application as urgent processing when you receive AOR so that you get your card in the mail ASAP?

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Can you still mark your application as urgent processing when you receive AOR so that you get your card in the mail ASAP?
I doubt we can do that. CIC doesn't have a straight forward process, best bet will be call them & ask if there's an option.
But I guess they will advice you to apply for PRTD if you don't have a valid document & you are outside Canada.

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
if you have sent the application in one packet & one payment receipt they would probably hold it - this is not official word, but my experience and based on posts read in this forum.

Edit: I might be wrong. My wife's & kid's application was sent together, my kids application was sent back. But latest update, my wife's PR which was in Decision made status since Sep-15 was updated today - It's sent.
Edit - I updated...

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Still in decision made, it's the same since Sep-15.
We are calling every week, we get a standard reply "please wait". we are also sending web enquiry every week.
Some cases are worked upon like a government process of a developing country.!!
Update: Wife's PR renewal application updated today - they mailed the PR card today. It was in Decision Made since Sep-15.

Reactions: funloving

Daafi

Sep 18, 2019
I did. They processed it urgently too but the card is taking forever in the mail.

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
I did. They processed it urgently too but the card is taking forever in the mail.
Ahh..Ok - I think you should wait a bit. With the GTA going in red zone, things might be slow. Hope you get it this week.

Reactions: Daafi

clouttrout

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
I doubt we can do that. CIC doesn't have a straight forward process, best bet will be call them & ask if there's an option.
But I guess they will advice you to apply for PRTD if you don't have a valid document & you are outside Canada.
I see. yea this whole process is so confusing with no clear cut answers. Was yours urgent processing right from the start?

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Congratulations. So your ECAS updated in daytime? I thought it usually updated in midnight.
The status/details in your account gets updated immediately. ECAS shows the next day.
Hope you know there are two places to see your status?

Reactions: summaiya_t