+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
My PR card mailed in October 27 stil awaiting to get it received, any idea how much time it takes to PR card delivered
As per posts here it arrives within a week. But as per CIC you have to wait for 6 weeks before you raise a case - most probably you will have to submit the application again.
But it's too early for you, if you don't receive it until Dec-10, then call CIC.

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any one have similar case like me
I had submitted my family file on july
And in 19 October it is decision made however they sent me that they need one more document for one of my children and I sent it in 5 th November however till now there is no progress .

Are they holding all family PR renewal or they are processing it ...
No update on ECAS just decision made ?

summaiya_t

Star Member
Nov 10, 2020
And in 19 October it is decision made however they sent me that they need one more document for one of my children and I sent it in 5 th November however till now there is no progress .

I think you should call the CIC helpline. Usually all the document requests are made while the application is "in process".

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015

if you have sent the application in one packet & one payment receipt they would probably hold it - this is not official word, but my experience and based on posts read in this forum.

Edit: I might be wrong. My wife's & kid's application was sent together, my kids application was sent back. But latest update, my wife's PR which was in Decision made status since Sep-15 was updated today - It's sent.

Last edited:
Reactions: summaiya_t

sanode

Star Member
May 3, 2017
I think I received a ghost update but when I click the status it says "Application status is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

Not sure if it is really a GU. Anyone else on the same boat?
Call up IRCC helpline and they told me there is an issue printing my card (from their end) and there is nothing I need to do.

:(

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Call up IRCC helpline and they told me there is an issue printing my card (from their end) and there is nothing I need to do.

:(
They just give different/vague updates to everyone - You call again, you will get another reply. Most probably it will be just wait & nothing else...

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if you have sent the application in one packet & one payment receipt they would probably hold it - this is not official word, but my experience and based on posts read in this forum.
Thanks kanedaa
How long it will take them to start process again ? Do I have to start process time from beginning (120 day ) or they start within couple of weeks of receiving the updated document ?

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Thanks kanedaa
How long it will take them to start process again ? Do I have to start process time from beginning (120 day ) or they start within couple of weeks of receiving the updated document ?
I assume you provided them the documents as required, didn't send a new application.
I think they should complete it within 30-60 days. But now a days the timelines are varying.
Send an enquiry form every wek.

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Received card in mail today(Nov-16) for myself, my timeline was:

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 20, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 30, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on October 30, 2020.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on November 9, 2020.