+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

kmahmoud

May 29, 2014
Your card renewal should be processed within 10 days. But won't be surprised if it extends.
I see in your signature that you renewed PR after submitting the Citizenship, did you have to mention that you submitted the citizenship in your pr renewal?

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
I see in your signature that you renewed PR after submitting the Citizenship, did you have to mention that you submitted the citizenship in your pr renewal?
I don't remember any section in PR renewal form to mention applied for citizenship.
I did not mention the citizenship.

Reactions: kmahmoud
Oct 3, 2020
I think they chose me because we barely met the RO. We had like 750days, so maybe they wanted to double check the dates?
Anyways... the question is.. once they received my documentation how long does it take to get a reply?
Did you get an AOR before the asked for your additional documents?

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
I think they chose me because we barely met the RO. We had like 750days, so maybe they wanted to double check the dates?
Anyways... the question is.. once they received my documentation how long does it take to get a reply?
Having 750 days is not a valid reason for asking for your passport stamps. There should be something else.

Oct 3, 2020
My application was recieved on the 27th July 2020, but I had posted dated the signature for 1st August 2020. They have sent mine complete application package back and want me to sign the form again with the current date. So will they start the application processing time all over again or would they expidate it ? Moreover I am in India and can i send a renewal application for a pr card while I am outside Canada

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
My application was recieved on the 27th July 2020, but I had posted dated the signature for 1st August 2020. They have sent mine complete application package back and want me to sign the form again with the current date. So will they start the application processing time all over again or would they expidate it ? Moreover I am in India and can i send a renewal application for a pr card while I am outside Canada
You will be back in the queue once they receive your application & start all over again.
Yes, you can send renewal application from India.

fvidania

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Having 750 days is not a valid reason for asking for your passport stamps. There should be something else.
I don't know what else it could be, they asked for the passport stamps and residency address of the last 5 years.

Any idea if I'm back to the queue or how long they take to process the documentation I sent?

clouttrout

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
I don't know what else it could be, they asked for the passport stamps and residency address of the last 5 years.

Any idea if I'm back to the queue or how long they take to process the documentation I sent?
I think they just want to make sure u met the RO given that 750 days is very close to the threshold of 730. It could also be if u didn't live continuously in Canada for the last 2 years

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014

Or maybe what you filled out in your form about days / dates are not matching with what they got from CBSA or if you have opted out on that question. I don't know.

But having 750 days is factually wrong assumption as the rule is for 730 days. They cannot invent their own rules for each individual.