+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

clouttrout

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
To renew my pr . following is the update.
Permanent Resident Card

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 3, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 10, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on November 10, 2020.
How long does the processing take u know?

summaiya_t

Star Member
Nov 10, 2020
To renew my pr . following is the update.
Permanent Resident Card

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 3, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 10, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on November 10, 2020.
Thanks for the update. My application was also received by CIC on September 3. Still waiting for AOR.

miq

Oct 1, 2010
It was just for me so 1 person
I applied as a single person. I applied for citizenship also in April 2019. I recieved citizenship interview date in feb 2020. but unfortunately while I abroad I lost my pr card. took a traveling document and then flights closure because of corona. it took me one year to come back to Canada on Aug 2020. Still don't know about new date of interview. both application of citizenship and pr in process.

clouttrout

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
Your card renewal should be processed within 10 days. But won't be surprised if it extends.
Hopefully thats the case. I am still far off though. I sent my application in October and from what it looks like, they have just started processing applications for September. Also, as of now the processing time is 114 days so who knows when it will arrive

kmahmoud

May 29, 2014
Hi, I am about to renew my expired PR, however, I have a citizenship application already in process, should I include and documents indicating that I have submitted for citizenship? does it make any difference?

fvidania

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
I put a renewal application for myself, my wife and my daughter, all 1 package. They started processing the application on Sept 29th, but on October 15th they asked me for more documentation, regarding our entry and exit stamps and our passports from the last 5 years. We all meet the RO.
They received the requested documentation on Monday Nov 9th. How long until they say something? Does somebody know?

summaiya_t

Star Member
Nov 10, 2020
I put a renewal application for myself, my wife and my daughter, all 1 package. They started processing the application on Sept 29th, but on October 15th they asked me for more documentation, regarding our entry and exit stamps and our passports from the last 5 years. We all meet the RO.
They received the requested documentation on Monday Nov 9th. How long until they say something? Does somebody know?
Did they email you or send you a letter by post?

clouttrout

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
Did they randomly chose you to show entry and exit stamps or do you think your case wasnt convincing enough? because if you are meeting the RO then why do they need to look at entry and exit stamps unless maybe u moved around a lot

Reactions: summaiya_t

fvidania

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Did they randomly chose you to show entry and exit stamps or do you think your case wasnt convincing enough? because if you are meeting the RO then why do they need to look at entry and exit stamps unless maybe u moved around a lot
I think they chose me because we barely met the RO. We had like 750days, so maybe they wanted to double check the dates?
Anyways... the question is.. once they received my documentation how long does it take to get a reply?

Reactions: clouttrout