+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

Ash_Ahmad

Sep 11, 2019
Hi;
I want to send my renewal PR card application and I have some questions. I had couple of trips to another countries. Due to instruction, I have to send copies of my previous and current passports.

1. Can you help me which pages I have to send?
2. Copies are enough or I have to certify true copies?
3. If the answer of Q2 is yes, How and where can I certify the copies?

Thanks

Reactions: Williams Juan

garuna

Sep 10, 2013
nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th june,2014
Nomination.....
15th October,2014
Med's Request
13th November,2014
Med's Done....
19th November,2014
Passport Req..
19th feb, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
3rd march, 2015
LANDED..........
15th may 2015
PR Renewal:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 11, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 27, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on October 27, 2020.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on October 30, 2020.

elagoli

Star Member
Sep 29, 2020
Hi,
My husband and I put our photos and a copy of our COPR letter in one envelope and sent it to Vancouver office. The envelope was delivered on October 13. My first GU was on October 29, and the second one was on October 30. The second one shows my PR card has been mailed. But my husband status is still “submitted” (no GU until now ☹).
Just wondering what the problem is. May they miss his photos? We sent it together in one envelope.

BCPNP, Inland
COPR: October 5

KarenZheng

Oct 15, 2020
My status is descion made however it is showing on process since 19/10
Any one with similar case
My son’s application is similar,status is decision made and showing on process since Oct 7 but I just checked it and it shows the status is complete,his card was mailed on Oct 30.

KarenZheng

Oct 15, 2020
Hi,
My husband and I put our photos and a copy of our COPR letter in one envelope and sent it to Vancouver office. The envelope was delivered on October 13. My first GU was on October 29, and the second one was on October 30. The second one shows my PR card has been mailed. But my husband status is still “submitted” (no GU until now ☹).
Just wondering what the problem is. May they miss his photos? We sent it together in one envelope.

BCPNP, Inland
COPR: October 5
Maybe they just forgot to update your husband’s status,check your mailbox next week,good luck!

KarenZheng

Oct 15, 2020
Mine was IP on Oct 7th and then decision made around the 12th. Nothing after that. It did say that it can take up to 4 weeks to go from Decision Made to Complete and receive your card.

Since it’s been over 4 weeks for you, you can call or do a webform asking for a
status update.
Have you checked your status? My son’s application is the same timeline with you: decision made and IP on Oct 7,I just checked it and status has been updated to complete and his card was mailed on Oct 30.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Have you checked your status? My son’s application is the same timeline with you: decision made and IP on Oct 7,I just checked it and status has been updated to complete and his card was mailed on Oct 30.
Lol, funny that you mention checking. I’ve been checking every morning and when I checked this morning it said complete and card sent Oct 30th. So, pretty much the exact same timeline as your son! Thanks for the post, it reminded me to come back and update on this thread.

KarenZheng

Oct 15, 2020
Lol, funny that you mention checking. I’ve been checking every morning and when I checked this morning it said complete and card sent Oct 30th. So, pretty much the exact same timeline as your son! Thanks for the post, it reminded me to come back and update on this thread.
Congrats! Hope the card will be delivered next week.

Reactions: AshesNdust

lbdz

Star Member
May 26, 2014
PR Renewal:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 22, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 14, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on October 14, 2020.
  4. Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on October 29, 2020. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at an IRCC office.
  5. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on October 30, 2020.

Last edited:
Reactions: canvisa13

Hkienle03

Oct 30, 2020
PR Renewal:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 11, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 27, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on October 27, 2020.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on October 30, 2020.
My renewal had a similar timeline. I checked my application this morning and it was also mailed October 30, 2020.

AM-MA

Sep 29, 2020
Hello. Is there a number to call cic and what information we need to have when we call them, as my application shows decision made for 2 weeks now but in details section it says we are still processing ur application.

KarenZheng

Oct 15, 2020
Hello. Is there a number to call cic and what information we need to have when we call them, as my application shows decision made for 2 weeks now but in details section it says we are still processing ur application.
Just wait for 1-2 more weeks,my son’s application also shows decision made and in details is in processing on Oct 7,yesterday the status updated to complete and his card was sent by mail on Oct 30.

Reactions: canvisa13