+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

indbangalore

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Just got my renewed PR card today!

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 8, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 16, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on September 16, 2020.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on September 22, 2020
Congrats

xue6656

Mar 4, 2015
Update!
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 8, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 16, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on September 16, 2020.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on September 28, 2020.

Reactions: JHT and vishakha

dronarcherya

Sep 29, 2020
Application Type: PR Card Renewal

Permanent Resident Card Application Status: Decision Made

Status Details:

Permanent Resident Card

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 23, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 28, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on September 28, 2020.
Question:

I've only been out of Canada for 77 days total in the last 5 years but I misunderstood the question (19) - address history inside and outside Canada. And I didn't include my current address where I've been living since last 3 years in the table. I thought since the current address doesn't have an end date and since I still live there, I just mentioned it as my current address for question (12) - your current residential address in Canada.

But I've entered my SIN number and authorized them to access my tax returns which I've filed every year for last 5 years without fail. And authorized them to access my CBSA info as well. So taking the above status into consideration, could you please give me your thoughts if my application will be rejected for not mentioning the current address in the question (19) - address history inside and outside Canada?

Reactions: vishakha

amrelroby

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
I just received my PR card renewal today
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 5, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 10, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on September 10, 2020.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on September 25, 2020.

Inpasarable

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
Application Type: PR Card Renewal

Permanent Resident Card Application Status: Decision Made

Status Details:

Permanent Resident Card

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 23, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 28, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on September 28, 2020.
Question:

I've only been out of Canada for 77 days total in the last 5 years but I misunderstood the question (19) - address history inside and outside Canada. And I didn't include my current address where I've been living since last 3 years in the table. I thought since the current address doesn't have an end date and since I still live there, I just mentioned it as my current address for question (12) - your current residential address in Canada.

But I've entered my SIN number and authorized them to access my tax returns which I've filed every year for last 5 years without fail. And authorized them to access my CBSA info as well. So taking the above status into consideration, could you please give me your thoughts if my application will be rejected for not mentioning the current address in the question (19) - address history inside and outside Canada?
I think you should be fine.

AM-MA

Sep 29, 2020
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 10, 2020.
Where do u check this status.

Inpasarable

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
Thank you and congrats! I saw your message and went to check mailbox, bc my card was also mailed on Sept 25 :)
I also received my renewed card!
Ufff i am so relieved!

simson toms

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
I didn’t include my PR card copy and listed out the addresses starting from the latest one .
The application says that we should start from the oldest one.
Do you think that my application will be returned . I resend the application in September first week anyway just to be on the safer side