+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

Shin17

Feb 14, 2019
PR renewal application for my mom and dad just delivered today according to xpresspost-Canada Post. Aug 14th.
delivered to Sydney, NS
Sent last Monday.

Reactions: Orlaith

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Just got my AOR today through email stating they received my PR card application on 13 march, 2020.
This is good news. From what I can gather from the forum - the time frame you are looking at now (all going well) should be about two weeks until a decision is made and your card is posted. Please do keep the forum informed so that we can learn from your timeline. Good luck!

Reactions: Inpasarable

tca_2018

May 30, 2018
USA
NOC Code......
I received my new PR card today ! My wife and 2 kids also got theirs at the same time.
Date of soft landing for all of us - July 1st, 2020 @ Toronto airport.
The visa officer refused to accept my address while landing saying that if it's not permanent address, she would not file for the card. She gave me a form to fax them or use online webform to submit my PR card request.
I sent out webform request on July 2nd, 2020 for PR card. NO RESPONSE
We came back to USA after 20 days.
I filled out 2 webforms for status update since then but NO RESPONSE.
I tried to link my account for PR cards, but could not do it.
Last Thursday (August 13, 2020), my UPS mailbox lady called me to inform that she had received four letters from case processing center. I asked her to forward it to my USA address and I got them today.
(NEW) PR Card timeline for me = 42 days
Good luck to all others who are waiting to get their cards. They are definitely working to get us the cards post covid-19 debacle.
(On a side note, I was in the process of filing for PRTD. I am moving permanently to Canada next month. The VFS office in NY asked me to submit passports with the application. After I submitted the application, they sent it back saying that we need to email the documents to the address listed on the ircc website. Freaking idiots that cost me extra $200 for shipping and mailing passports !)

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
I received my new PR card today ! My wife and 2 kids also got theirs at the same time.
Date of soft landing for all of us - July 1st, 2020 @ Toronto airport.
The visa officer refused to accept my address while landing saying that if it's not permanent address, she would not file for the card. She gave me a form to fax them or use online webform to submit my PR card request.
I sent out webform request on July 2nd, 2020 for PR card. NO RESPONSE
We came back to USA after 20 days.
I filled out 2 webforms for status update since then but NO RESPONSE.
I tried to link my account for PR cards, but could not do it.
Last Thursday (August 13, 2020), my UPS mailbox lady called me to inform that she had received four letters from case processing center. I asked her to forward it to my USA address and I got them today.
(NEW) PR Card timeline for me = 42 days
Good luck to all others who are waiting to get their cards. They are definitely working to get us the cards post covid-19 debacle.
(On a side note, I was in the process of filing for PRTD. I am moving permanently to Canada next month. The VFS office in NY asked me to submit passports with the application. After I submitted the application, they sent it back saying that we need to email the documents to the address listed on the ircc website. Freaking idiots that cost me extra $200 for shipping and mailing passports !)
Congrats.
What's the UPS mailbox theory here?

tca_2018

May 30, 2018
USA
NOC Code......
Congrats.
What's the UPS mailbox theory here?
lol... I should have explained better. I am renting a UPS mailbox in Canada to receive my mail since I still live in USA. The UPS people call me whenever I receive any mail and forward me the mail when I need it. I got my SIN numbers and PR card mailed to that address.

Cheena009

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Hi , i got PR approval on 28th may. I haven’t got my Pr card yet.
I called last week , representative didn’t reply properly for any updates . Its in process that what i got in reply.
Anyone got Pr card near to my COPR?
Anyone could help me out?

analyst123

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
Why is the renewal application and photos being asked to be mailed in ? Has anyone been able file the whole thing including photos online ?

Do they mail your renewed card back ? Do you mail them back your older card ? What is pickup ?

Last edited:

Jitinsingh

Jul 29, 2020
I sent PR renewal application for my mom through express post on March 6, 2020. Today August 18, 2020 I get the AOR, staying that application was received on March 10, 2020. This is over 6 months time. I hope we get the PR card in the next few weeks. The renewal processing time according to cic is 160 days.

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
I sent PR renewal application for my mom through express post on March 6, 2020. Today August 18, 2020 I get the AOR, staying that application was received on March 10, 2020. This is over 6 months time. I hope we get the PR card in the next few weeks. The renewal processing time according to cic is 160 days.
That is good news to hear. I believe that some people have received their cards between two to three weeks after receiving the AOR. Please keep the forum informed about when the card comes so that we can get an understanding of timeframes between receiving the AOR and eventually receiving the PR card. Good luck!

sang1507

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
GREAT NEWS.. could you let know how you were notified about the AOR.. via email or post?Wishing you good luck with the renewal.

Adabalos

Aug 7, 2020
I am going to renew my children’s PR Card. I have a question about the school records as one of the requirements. Should I send all the attendance records, report cards since they started schooling here in Canada or a two copies of school records is okay? Or an attendance records itself is okay. Please hellp me. Thanks!

DC1018

Feb 18, 2017
Hi. I don't think I received an application number! I did get my AOR (July 30th). No card yet......
Check your AOR email again, it says on the subject line, starts with an R

By the way, I just checked MyCIC status, saw a ghost update, should get DM within the next day or two then. Don't know when the card will be printed and mailed out, should be soon too.

haileydee

Jun 15, 2019
Hi Guys,

Is it possible to change mailing address for first PR card (if it has not yet)?

Thanks in advance.
Yes it is. I changed mine using the webform and got a response within 5 days. Both my husband’s and daughter’s PR cards were sent to the new address. Mine has not been processed yet.