MathewD99

Jan 15, 2019
India
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
27-10-2018
Hi Guys,

Is it possible to change mailing address for first PR card (if it has not yet)?

Thanks in advance.

MathewD99

Jan 15, 2019
India
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
27-10-2018
Yes you can. Unfortunately there are a lot of reports of PR cards being sent to the previous address.
Do I need to visit any office?
Could you please explain it more since I have no information on this?

fkbanday

Star Member
Oct 16, 2011
6th of March the AOR says. I am keen to hear from people who have had their AOR for a renewal and then get the card in their hand! I wonder how long this next part will take? I will keep the forum informed.
Any update on status...you are lucky as today CIC updated processing timeline to 161 days

harsh44

Aug 9, 2013
I am yet to apply for my PR renewal which is expiring in 13th February of 2021.

Interesting thing is - my Indian passport is expiring on 14th of February 2021. My question is - To get my PR renewed for next 5 years, will the immigration require that I need to have a NEW Indian passport with the expiry date greater than 14th February 2021?

PR issued: November 2015

PS: I have submitted my Canadian Citizenship application in August 2020, but the processing time of that will be ~ 12 months. If I apply for a NEW Indian passport, will that affect my current Citizenship application (As it will have old Passport info on the application)?

Last edited:

amrelroby

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
It is beyond understanding .. How they landed 299 and then 134 and now 160....
I think they are trying to increase processing times in small steps to avoid all the complaints that happened when they listed 299 days.
They really did not reduce the listed processing times except shortly after some negative news stories got out
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/b-c-couple-calls-for-automatic-extensions-after-permanent-resident-card-renewal-goes-awry-1.5640723

With more time passing, it seems that most people are adapting to the current situation and getting back to work.
However, IRCC seems to be the exception with processing times going from bad to worse.
Sometimes I wonder if they are doing any work at all, everything is almost frozen from PR renewal to citizenship application to sponsorship, etc.

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
I am yet to apply for my PR renewal which is expiring in 13th February of 2021.

Interesting thing is - my Indian passport is expiring on 14th of February 2021. My question is - To get my PR renewed for next 5 years, will the immigration require that I need to have a NEW Indian passport with the expiry date greater than 14th February 2021?

PR issued: November 2015

PS: I have submitted my Canadian Citizenship application in August 2020, but the processing time of that will be ~ 12 months. If I apply for a NEW Indian passport, will that affect my current Citizenship application (As it will have old Passport info on the application)?
I don't believe the two are linked like that. I changed my passport since I got my first PR card and it was not an issue.

Reactions: harsh44

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Any update on status...you are lucky as today CIC updated processing timeline to 161 days
Nothing yet but I see a member on this forum on another thread has had an ECAS update. They applied on March 5th and it is saying that their card has been posted on August 10......
I will update as soon as I have news - I still can't link my application online...!

harsh44

Aug 9, 2013
I don't believe the two are linked like that. I changed my passport since I got my first PR card and it was not an issue.
Thanks for the reply, this is great. I will apply for my PR renewal then, I was only worried as for some reason the expiry on my PR card was a day before my Passport's expiry so I thought there was a connection.

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Thanks for the reply, this is great. I will apply for my PR renewal then, I was only worried as for some reason the expiry on my PR card was a day before my Passport's expiry so I thought there was a connection.
Good luck. It is good to post these things so others can learn.

Reactions: harsh44

juliago

Aug 13, 2020
Hi guys,

landed on 10 March 2020, still no info on my first PR card. When i log in into ecas, the last entry says - You entered Canada at the Montreal Pierre Elliott Trudeau. No updates then. Does anyone know what does this mean, or does anyone have the same updates? also can't find my application using gckey((( thanks

DC1018

Feb 18, 2017
Nothing yet but I see a member on this forum on another thread has had an ECAS update. They applied on March 5th and it is saying that their card has been posted on August 10......
I will update as soon as I have news - I still can't link my application online...!
Use your application no. to link, I remember you received the AOR already, right?