+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

fkbanday

Star Member
Oct 16, 2011
Time went up to 128 days for new PR cards. It's crazy!
It seems ircc is balancing its priorities and work load between new PR Cards and Renewals as it renewal went from 299 to 132 days or may be these numbers do not represent real situation because such big increases and drops on a weekly basis do not make any sense

sd6360

Jun 30, 2020
Received COPR in email on 6th July, I mailed 1 photo and Email COPR confirmation on 7th July, they were reached IRCC Montreal on 8th July. Linked PR application to my online account on 7th. Anyone who is in a similar phase ? When do they update a confirmation that they received my photo and PR card application!! I will appreciate you response
I am in same boat as you. I sent photo+COPR on 1st June (they received 2-3 days later). In my online account, I received a ghost update today. Not sure what that means in this context.

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
I am in same boat as you. I sent photo+COPR on 1st June (they received 2-3 days later). In my online account, I received a ghost update today. Not sure what that means in this context.
What's the ghost update? Can you please share the details?

sd6360

Jun 30, 2020
What's the ghost update? Can you please share the details?
Ghost update is nothing but, when you login to your account, the "current status" column would say 'application/profile updated', but when you click the link in adjacent column 'action', and open the full application detail page, there would be no status update or messages within.

analyst123

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
It seems ircc is balancing its priorities and work load between new PR Cards and Renewals as it renewal went from 299 to 132 days or may be these numbers do not represent real situation because such big increases and drops on a weekly basis do not make any sense
Is the 132 days real ? can someone comment if they are really picking up applications ?

jn791

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
I sent my photos to the respective office and it reached on July 6. Today I saw my application status and it was approved and said PR card has been mailed out and can take up to 6 weeks to reach.

Reactions: may2019