+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi all,

My PR card application was submitted at the Airport Immigration counter last June 13, 2020, when I landed in Canada with my CoPR. However, when I try to check the status of the card online, I'm told that the application cannot be found.

It notes that the application, though submitted, may not have begun processing it. Was this experienced by anyone else, and does this mean there is a holdup in terms of my application processing because of closures?

Or does this seem like a real technical error?

Would appreciate anyone's view on this. Thanks!

1. The posted processing time is 95 days, you won't see anything until it goes into processing.

akl1

Jan 22, 2019
Dear Friends,

I hope someone can help me with a query.

I am an Indian citizen and currently living in Canada. I became PR on June 1st, 2020. My Indian passport is going to get expired in the next few months. I am yet to receive my PR card. To renew my passport, I need to submit a status in Canada proof. Shall the PR confirmation letter serve the purpose?

guydecent

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Hi all,

My PR card application was submitted at the Airport Immigration counter last June 13, 2020, when I landed in Canada with my CoPR. However, when I try to check the status of the card online, I'm told that the application cannot be found.

It notes that the application, though submitted, may not have begun processing it. Was this experienced by anyone else, and does this mean there is a holdup in terms of my application processing because of closures?

Or does this seem like a real technical error?

Would appreciate anyone's view on this. Thanks!
IF you've followed the proper steps to link your PR card application to your CIC account but still could not link it, then you may have a data entry error and you should raise a Web Form. I had to raise multiple Web Forms and attached all previous Web Form communications with each, along with all the screenshots of actual data that I was entering to link my application. My date of becoming a PR was incorrectly entered in the system and had to be fixed. Once that was fixed, I was able to link immediately.

NOTE: If you have to ask as to what the proper steps are, or what 'raising a Web Form' means. Please do not ask me. Just read a couple of posts on this forum and you'll know.

sd6360

Jun 30, 2020
am I correct in assuming that the 'linking application' for PR cards would only apply for PR renewal cases and not for someone waiting for their 1st PR card? I am waiting for my 1st PR card. I received the COPR in email and my account on 28th May 2020. After which I sent (by mail) Photos and COPRs to IRCC. But there is no online way for me to check progress, other than checking the 'generic processing times' in IRCC website which is updated weekly (every Tuesday). So, is that how it is OR can 1st time PR card candidates can view/tracker progress of PR card online? any insights would be appreciated.

lloyd153

May 31, 2019
am I correct in assuming that the 'linking application' for PR cards would only apply for PR renewal cases and not for someone waiting for their 1st PR card? I am waiting for my 1st PR card. I received the COPR in email and my account on 28th May 2020. After which I sent (by mail) Photos and COPRs to IRCC. But there is no online way for me to check progress, other than checking the 'generic processing times' in IRCC website which is updated weekly (every Tuesday). So, is that how it is OR can 1st time PR card candidates can view/tracker progress of PR card online? any insights would be appreciated.

You can link your PR card to your account.

Which office did you send your photos?

sd6360

Jun 30, 2020

I tried linking the application but it says ‘no applications found’. I tried 2 different combos but to no avail. I sent my photos to Hamilton,ON which was the address mentioned on my COPR

Humitnrxjz

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Dear Friends,

I hope someone can help me with a query.

I am an Indian citizen and currently living in Canada. I became PR on June 1st, 2020. My Indian passport is going to get expired in the next few months. I am yet to receive my PR card. To renew my passport, I need to submit a status in Canada proof. Shall the PR confirmation letter serve the purpose?
Did the letter help to renew your passport?

sd6360

Jun 30, 2020

Thank you. I was finally able to link my PR CARD application successfully (for me and dependents as well). The "Place of birth" field was causing Issue earlier, I am glad I was able to. Does anyone know if there are any specific updates on this "PR Card application" that one can expect to see in the online account, prior to receiving the Cards by mail.

Allen0412

Jul 25, 2019
hi. i applied for pr renewal last year and because of the covid. i didnt receive qnything updates from them. i was planning to leave canada to philippines. can i apply for prtd when i get there in the philippines???

Immiman

Sep 4, 2008
Thank you. I was finally able to link my PR CARD application successfully (for me and dependents as well). The "Place of birth" field was causing Issue earlier, I am glad I was able to. Does anyone know if there are any specific updates on this "PR Card application" that one can expect to see in the online account, prior to receiving the Cards by mail.
I just could nto link it tried 4 times it was not recognizing my application on March 3

keloid

May 5, 2018
As the PR renewal application process time is so long - does anyone know the answer to this question?
Am PR. Already living in the country. Applied for PR renewal. While application is pending - can I leave the country - and re-enter on my existing PR card, so long as the date on the my current PR card is within validity?

Thank you