+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

fkbanday

Star Member
Oct 16, 2011
I don't know that this is going to make anyone waiting for their PR card to be renewed feel any better but it is information - although the same information from March, April, May...

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Rest assured that this situation is normal since the responsible office is currently processing applications received before February 10, 2020."
When did you recieve this reply?

amrelroby

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
I don't know that this is going to make anyone waiting for their PR card to be renewed feel any better but it is information - although the same information from March, April, May...

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Rest assured that this situation is normal since the responsible office is currently processing applications received before February 10, 2020."
They are just simply not processing PR card renewal.
I think they expecting not to start processing any time soon as evident by the 287 days processing time.
I guess they are not planning on going back to work anytime soon.
I would be happy if I am wrong.

bullyog

Aug 6, 2013
I have applied for my PR card renewal in June 2020 along with my Citizenship Application separately.
My pr Card expires in Nov 2020 and not sure when I will get my PR card renewed.
The current processing time shows 287 days as of 23 July 2020 update.
Will continue to wait and fingers crossed.
Best Wishes to everyone and stay safe.

Reactions: mpsqra

Maximilian89

May 31, 2020
URGENT PLS. Hi all, if I land in toronto as softlanding, can I give an address of a friend in Ottawa for the PR card to be delivered or it should be Toronto?

Immiman

Sep 4, 2008
Hi Guys I landed 3 March 2020, used my friend's address and left Canada due to emergency. He still have not received my PR card. Should I email if yes where ? I tried to check status it is saying information not found!

Immiman

Sep 4, 2008
I was able to link my PR Card (new) application in my account. I did not receive any update and thought to just search and try to link. I was able to.

CoPR - Jun 2, 2020
ExpressPost PR Card (new) application received - Jun 11, 2020
How did you link your account . Can you please let me know?

Regards

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
The response you will receive will likely be a standard email which I believe has not changed since late March. It seems to me though that there has been some movement in New PR card applications - no movement at all on PR Card renewals.

Govima

May 24, 2020
Hi all,

My PR card application was submitted at the Airport Immigration counter last June 13, 2020, when I landed in Canada with my CoPR. However, when I try to check the status of the card online, I'm told that the application cannot be found.

It notes that the application, though submitted, may not have begun processing it. Was this experienced by anyone else, and does this mean there is a holdup in terms of my application processing because of closures?

Or does this seem like a real technical error?

Would appreciate anyone's view on this. Thanks!