+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

desertrose416

Star Member
May 20, 2020
I submitted PR renewal application by post on March 8. No response yet - I do not see the status also when I check online - I cannot link the application online also under my CRA. Any idea what's going on - how can I track my application? PR card expires in August.
we are all in the waiting game. It will come out when it comes out. Less stressful, enjoy life.

quebec2013

Aug 27, 2013
Hi Friends,
Hope all are safe and doing well!!!

Me and my family did short landing in Canada on August 03, 2015 and left 10 August 2015.
We did final landing on May 25, 2018 and never left outside of Canada since May 25, 2018. Our PR Card is going to expire on 24th September 2020 and we are applying for renewal. I need some advise for PR card renewal documents.

On IRCC website its mention to submit following documents for applicants over 18 years:-

Your valid passport or travel document or the passport or travel document you had when you became a permanent resident (if applicable, include the passport page that was stamped when you arrived in Canada and became a permanent resident). My concern is I have to attach all passport pages or only Bio-information page and photocopy should be color?

If you are under the age of 18

A clear and legible photocopy of the following documents:

your birth certificate (showing your name, date of birth, place of birth and the names of your parents or adoptive parents);
if you have a legal guardian, submit legal documentation issued by a Canadian court which proves guardianship; or
a photocopy of your school records (report cards, transcripts, attendance records). My concern is do I have to submit birth certificate or school report card. I have birth certificate but it is not in English and have to do translation of those documents.
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translation (if they’re not a certified translator); and
  • a certified copy of the original document.
Other concerns should I attach tax returns, lease agreements, Job information upfront with application to make my case more clear.

Thanks and good luck to all!!

Last edited:

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,
Hope all are safe and doing well!!!

Me and my family did short landing in Canada on August 03, 2015 and left 10 August 2015.
We did final landing on May 25, 2018 and never left outside of Canada since May 25, 2018. Our PR Card is going to expire on 24th September 2020 and we are applying for renewal. I need some advise for PR card renewal documents.

On IRCC website its mention to submit following documents for applicants over 18 years:-

Your valid passport or travel document or the passport or travel document you had when you became a permanent resident (if applicable, include the passport page that was stamped when you arrived in Canada and became a permanent resident). My concern is I have to attach all passport pages or only Bio-information page and photocopy should be color?

If you are under the age of 18

A clear and legible photocopy of the following documents:

your birth certificate (showing your name, date of birth, place of birth and the names of your parents or adoptive parents);
if you have a legal guardian, submit legal documentation issued by a Canadian court which proves guardianship; or
a photocopy of your school records (report cards, transcripts, attendance records). My concern is do I have to submit birth certificate or school report card. I have birth certificate but it is not in English and have to do translation of those documents.
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translation (if they’re not a certified translator); and
  • a certified copy of the original document.
Other concerns should I attach tax returns, lease agreements, Job information upfront with application to make my case more clear.

Thanks and good luck to all!!
Biological page only, that has your photo and date of birth etc...

Terabytez

May 29, 2020
I received an email with an attachment - the attachment was a letter which confirmed I am now a permanent resident of Canada. The letter states my CoPR Document #, but no other details such as expiry.

The contents of the letter state that I need to apply for my PR card which requires a photograph alongside my CoPR Document to be sent to an address

Is this letter that was in the attachment my CoPR document? I should I wait for a different document which will be my CoPR?
Im in the same situation as you. I sent my letter and photographs to them. Have you received Any update since then?

IceD.

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
CoPR - Jun 2, 2020
PR Card application (photo and CoPR) express posted - will be received on Jun 11.

Anybody who can share their timeline from passing PR card application to receipt of the ID?
Thank you.

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

My PR card will expire in Feb 2021.

I have applied for citizenship in May. Do I need to apply for PR card renewal (to be on safe side), as citizenship application will take around 12 months.

If I apply for PR card renewal, will it affect my citizenship application.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
Hello,

My PR card will expire in Feb 2021.

I have applied for citizenship in May. Do I need to apply for PR card renewal (to be on safe side), as citizenship application will take around 12 months.

If I apply for PR card renewal, will it affect my citizenship application.

Any suggestions.

Thanks
Citizenship will take at least 2 years now.

IceD.

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
I was able to link my PR Card (new) application in my account. I did not receive any update and thought to just search and try to link. I was able to.

CoPR - Jun 2, 2020
ExpressPost PR Card (new) application received - Jun 11, 2020

babdeepak

Dec 18, 2012
Your PR card expiring has no impact on your status as a PR.
Did you mail it through Canada Post? I have sent my package on 8th May - and I have not got any message from CIC so far on the application status. Any idea how can I check??

guydecent

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Now the processing time for new PR cards is 103 days.

I'm on 90+ days, yet no activity in CIC account, status remains "Submitted".