Star Member
May 8, 2020
Application processing time was just updated yesterday, May 12th

Permanent Resident cards

Renewing or replacing a PR card

174 days

New PR card

135 days
thank you for the update Mate.... thats unfortunatly a very long time...!!! from 13 days to 135 days! wooow

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Application processing time was just updated yesterday, May 12th

Permanent Resident cards

174 days

New PR card

135 days
I am wondering if this new time Frame also applies to applications sent in in February and March? It would be good if people could update those of us in limbo as to when they do have their DM.

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
I am wondering if this new time Frame also applies to applications sent in in February and March? It would be good if people could update those of us in limbo as to when they do have their DM.
I am also wondering if that means that its taking 174 days from now for all applications regardless of whether or not they are already in there.

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
very shocked to see such a long processing time , Seems like work on such applications have completely stopped. The usual timeframe was 27 days for renewal, so i think no one has received any PR card since this covid started 2-3 months ago and based on the back log of the applications it will take 174 days on avg - I am afraid that this timeline might become 200 days next month if things dont' start to get back to normal. Very upset to see this update ..

Reactions: canuck78

sang1507

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
If my PR is due for renewal and i complete my residency obligation in July, would it be ok if i could submit my application in May/June.Given the current long processing time(processing time is 240 days as of 19th May 2020), would i be qualified as "residency obligation" satisfied by the time my application s picked for processing?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

If my PR is due for renewal and i complete my residency obligation in July, would it be ok if i could submit my application in May/June.Given the current long processing time(processing time is 240 days as of 19th May 2020), would i be qualified as "residency obligation" satisfied by the time my application s picked for processing?
1. No don't. As CIC would determine your Residential obligations from the date you signed the application. They don't know if you left the next day after submitting it.

pv=nrt

Jun 23, 2019
Very disappointing processing time. If I need to travel outside Canada before I get my PR card, what should I do? Currently, non-essential travel is not recommended but hopefully circumstances will be better soon.

DC1018

Feb 18, 2017
If you take a look, it's even worse this week (updated on May 19), for renewing.

I am getting worried now because I might need to leave the country in Dec and I sent my application in early Mar, was under the impression that it would be done within a few weeks at that time...

Hopefully IRCC just halted PR card renewal applications for now, once travel restrictions are lifted, the processing time will improve..

Permanent Resident cards

248 days

New PR card

113 days

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Because travel is essentially stopped around the world PR processing was likely selected as something that could be shut down until employees are able to return to work. It seems as though no processing has been done since mid March

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
If you take a look, it's even worse this week (updated on May 19), for renewing.

I am getting worried now because I might need to leave the country in Dec and I sent my application in early Mar, was under the impression that it would be done within a few weeks at that time...

Hopefully IRCC just halted PR card renewal applications for now, once travel restrictions are lifted, the processing time will improve..

Permanent Resident cards

248 days

New PR card

113 days

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
they’ve just updated processing times again (May, 26 2020)

Permanent Resident cards

174 days

New PR card

108 days

Reactions: DC1018

DC1018

Feb 18, 2017
they’ve just updated processing times again (May, 26 2020)

Permanent Resident cards

174 days

New PR card

108 days
I saw that too, good to see some movement, on both renewing and issuing new cards. It looks like they started to work on the applications.

Based on what I see, IRCC halted processing applications received somewhere from late Feb to early Mar.

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
I saw that too, good to see some movement, on both renewing and issuing new cards. It looks like they started to work on the applications.

Based on what I see, IRCC halted processing applications received somewhere from late Feb to early Mar.
I saw that too but I am wondering if the recent change up to upwards of 200 days might just have been a blip? Either way I hope it is a more accurate picture of the reality. That said I haven't seen any person on these forums saying that they have gotten their new or renewed cards.... I check every day to see a sign of progress......

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 (Self MR + RPRF for both) & 31-07-2014 (Spouse MR),
Med's Done....
06-07-2014 (Self) & 18-08-2014 (Spouse)
Passport Req..
PPR-1 + PPR-2: 17-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015, Passport Received: 17-03-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
hello everyone,

I have sent my PR renewal applications for myself and my family. I want to know how to keep a track of the applications ? I read somewhere that we can check status on two different sites, one is ECAS and one new system.

Can someone please help me with details of both as how to see status from both ?

Thank you.

singhal22aug

Feb 18, 2014
I submitted for my PR renewal in May and i can see application submitted message on May 12 on CIC. My PR card is expiring in Sept.

Now that the processign time being shown is 174 days and i think i wont be abe to get my card renewed by then how does that affect my residency status? As to what happens once my PR card expires?

DC1018

Feb 18, 2017
I submitted for my PR renewal in May and i can see application submitted message on May 12 on CIC. My PR card is expiring in Sept.

Now that the processign time being shown is 174 days and i think i wont be abe to get my card renewed by then how does that affect my residency status? As to what happens once my PR card expires?
Where do you see the application submitted message? on ecas? I sent in early Mar and couldn't see anything.

An expired PR card won't affect your residency status. It's just a travel document. You could actually travel by car to the U.S. with an expired PR card, only need to explain to boarder office that you started the renewal process. Other than that, you are grounded unless you want to apply for a travel document overseas to return to Canada.