+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
That's good news, looks like your application is going to be processed soon.

Did they receive your application on 20th Aug 2020?
Yes - Aug-20.

Also my wife's was received on Sep-15, it showed Decision made since then, but no movement until now.!!

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Seems like my PR renewal application had a ghost update.
When I login to my account previously the Current status was Submitted and now it is Application/profile updated

Anyone else had this experience?
Strange, the ghost update is gone & the Current status now flips back & shows Submitted

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Hi please update the excel sheet. CIC received my wife application on Aud-26 and today received AOR email. Good luck all.

why_not_try

Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
It won’t show up until they actually start processing it. Mine took about a week after I got the email. Basically, I got the email and a week later it showed up on the site and said “decision made.” Then it was about 3 weeks after that when it updated to “complete card sent.”
If it doesn’t show up after a week or so, either fill out a webform or call them and they can probably get it in the system for you.
Thanks, As it happened - my wife's PR card arrived in the mail two days back (on Nov 14), roughly 14 days after she received confirmation by email that her application had been received. The status of her application was never updated or traceable online when logging into IRCC using Client ID etc. It still is not. So, in her case - it took roughly 100 days from Delivery of application to receipt of PR card. We're based in Ottawa.

I hope my PR card application (delivered Sep 1) proceeds at the same pace.

why_not_try

Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Thanks, As it happened - my wife's PR card arrived in the mail two days back (on Nov 14), roughly 14 days after she received confirmation by email that her application had been received. The status of her application was never updated or traceable online when logging into IRCC using Client ID etc. It still is not. So, in her case - it took roughly 100 days from Delivery of application to receipt of PR card. We're based in Ottawa.

I hope my PR card application (delivered Sep 1) proceeds at the same pace.
*sorry, correction above....the PR card arrived in the mail two days back (on Nov 04)...not the 14th as mistakenly written above!

why_not_try

Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Today ECAS shows the following on our applications (2 adults, 1 child):

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 25, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 4, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on November 4, 2020.
What is kind of interesting is that my daughter appears as "Decision Made", while my wife's and mine show as "In Process", but the information upon clicking the link is identical.
It's great that IRCC has start opening PR card renewal applications from the last week of August.

Reactions: andrem
Oct 3, 2020
hello guys , I had mailed my application for pr card renewal on 22ND July which was recieved and signed by the CIC staff on the 27th July. I havent heard anythingh from them yet, can anybody suggest me what could be the possible cause?

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
hello guys , I had mailed my application for pr card renewal on 22ND July which was recieved and signed by the CIC staff on the 27th July. I havent heard anythingh from them yet, can anybody suggest me what could be the possible cause?
Just submit a web form every 3 weeks until you get an AOR

brankd

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
Anyone applied for PR card from in Canada after receiving COPR? I just sent my photo and COPR copy to the address mentioned? Do I need to send passport/other process? Can I travel with COPR to USA and come back to Canada? please help as I need to travel to USA for work.

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Anyone applied for PR card from in Canada after receiving COPR? I just sent my photo and COPR copy to the address mentioned? Do I need to send passport/other process? Can I travel with COPR to USA and come back to Canada? please help as I need to travel to USA for work.
After landing you cannot reenter only based on COPR - if no PR card then you need PRTD to enter back. Also PRTD can only be applied when you are outside Canada. Best bet for you to be in Canada until you receive your card.

brankd

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
I called IRCC and one answer I got that I can travel back by road without PR card/with COPR. Is anyone has experienced with this? I just do not want to take any risk or stuck in USA.

sanode

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Today ECAS shows the following on our applications (2 adults, 1 child):

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 25, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 4, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on November 4, 2020.
What is kind of interesting is that my daughter appears as "Decision Made", while my wife's and mine show as "In Process", but the information upon clicking the link is identical.
When I try to enter my information on ECAS, it says that it cannot find any application. Is that normal?

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
Yeah hopefully. Staying put for 2 years allowed me to meet the RO. So let's wait. I will update you guys.
HI Guys,

Just checked my status. It says "Decision Made" but when I go inside it says the following:

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 18, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 5, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on November 5, 2020.