+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card name Change

BesoBassem

Oct 11, 2017
Hi,
my wife changed her name to my family name in her country and she got new passport, now name in PR card is different than name in passport and we plan to travel next two weeks, do you think it will be a problem in airport or it should be fine if we present old passport as well.

Thank you

Reactions: Cheryllove

Cheryllove

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Port Alice, British Columbia
Category........
FAM
I have similar question!! All the paperwork is in my old name as is my passport.... I use my now married name because I collect social security retirement for social security and jobs only...... will there be any hiccups?? My Canadian husband said to keep application in name on passport..... since that is what my legal name was when we applied......

BesoBassem

Oct 11, 2017
just let you know guys, we didn't face any problem when back to Canada, at airport we scan PR card with old name and it works, also aircanada didnt have any issue with name change.

Reactions: Cheryllove

Cheryllove

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Port Alice, British Columbia
Category........
FAM
I finally got thru to CIC and after an hour on hold got to talk to a real person!! She said no problem unless passport and application are in different names..... going to wait till I move up to change names.

YAAZ

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
just let you know guys, we didn't face any problem when back to Canada, at airport we scan PR card with old name and it works, also aircanada didnt have any issue with name change.
Hello,
I just wanted to ask regarding the same issue, so you did not have any problem going back to Canada? And did you represent the old passport of your wife so they see that it matches the old passport? or no need ?