+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card - Medical Surveillance requirement

Suchitra2491

Apr 26, 2022
I landed in March 2022. Within the required 30 days upon landing, I contacted the public health authority about a required medical surveillance undertaking (for inactive TB). But I was told there was no need to call (contrary to instructions on the undertaking and handout), but just to wait for 6 wks for an appointment letter to come. However, after 6 wks, still no letter.

And upon confirmation, they told me it might take almost 7-8 months for the appointment to come ie end of the year. I would like to know so until the medical test is done, will I receive my PR card or do I need to wait for another 7-8 months?

Anyone with a similar situation, please let me know if you have received your PR Card?

Thanks in advance!!

Rdwsbal20

Apr 28, 2022
I landed in March 2022. Within the required 30 days upon landing, I contacted the public health authority about a required medical surveillance undertaking (for inactive TB). But I was told there was no need to call (contrary to instructions on the undertaking and handout), but just to wait for 6 wks for an appointment letter to come. However, after 6 wks, still no letter.

And upon confirmation, they told me it might take almost 7-8 months for the appointment to come ie end of the year. I would like to know so until the medical test is done, will I receive my PR card or do I need to wait for another 7-8 months?

Anyone with a similar situation, please let me know if you have received your PR Card?

Thanks in advance!!
We are in the same boat,

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013

Thanks in advance!!
Hey, do you have any update on this ? I am looking for some help for my mom
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/medical-surveillance-please-help.771288/

Suchitra2491

Apr 26, 2022
I called the immigration office and they told me due to pandemic the files are moving at a very slow pace, hence they might reach out to me in the month of Dec 2022 and to let you know I received my PR card on May 2022. This condition does not the affect the PR status, but one must give the test.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020

Thanks in advance!!
Ok, so what will happen now is you will be contacted by the provincial doctor ( keep an eye on calls), they will ask about couple of question like some common symptoms, basic questions like when you landed and fix an appointment. You need to attend it as only after your attendance they will send a confirmation to IRCC that you are compiling with the condition. Then you will get a letter from IRCC once they receive compliance letter from medical panel. You ned to sign it and send it back and you will receive the golden email soon after thay. Trust me lots of people says that this does not delay the golden email but it do. Hope this helps

fivemail

Apr 22, 2022
I called the immigration office and they told me due to pandemic the files are moving at a very slow pace, hence they might reach out to me in the month of Dec 2022 and to let you know I received my PR card on May 2022. This condition does not the affect the PR status, but one must give the test.
Hi! Just wanted to ask, what happened to your medical surveillance? Have they ever contacted you?

Jag47

Jan 16, 2023
Barnala
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Chandigarh

Thanks in advance!!
Hello brother im coming Canada for study. My situation is same as yours . Can you guide me please will ircc grant me work permit or not?
Also tell please where can I work or avoid medical examination. I pray you have got pr and living happily.

Thank 6