+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card - March 2020 processing time

DC1018

Feb 18, 2017
To above, AORs received via email. My case is pretty straightforward, only took regular vacation days away from Canada during the past five years. Let's see how long it will take the decision to be made.

Reactions: Orlaith

DC1018

Feb 18, 2017
Delighted to hear this. I will be keeping a very close eye on your posts! Did your AOR come in by email? I still can't seem to link my application to any of the online portals! Good luck.... exciting exciting!
You'll definitely need to wait for AOR first. I was able to link my application with the application # provided in AOR fairly easily. I assume I'll be able to see it in ECAS tomorrow too.

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
You'll definitely need to wait for AOR first. I was able to link my application with the application # provided in AOR fairly easily. I assume I'll be able to see it in ECAS tomorrow too.
I'll be looking forward to your update!

prash42

Jun 1, 2014
Our family also received e-mail AORs this afternoon, acknowledging receipt of the application on March 5th. Don't see this on ECAS yet. I will post further updates as received. Good luck to everybody waiting.
ECAS update this morning, shows status as "Decision Made". It doesn't say yet if the cards have been dispatched, but hopefully soon.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on March 5, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 27, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on July 27, 2020.

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
ECAS update this morning, shows status as "Decision Made". It doesn't say yet if the cards have been dispatched, but hopefully soon.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 27, 2020.
Glad to hear that your card is getting processed. Its been a long long haul. My timeframe is the same as yours. Nothing to tell here yet!

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
be patient,
the border is closed and we don`t need it within Canada

Otakukid

Mar 26, 2014
British Columbia
Hi everyone. The processing time (days) says it's from when CIC receive your application. Does this mean when your application is received the other end at their facility from say a courier? Or from when you receive your AOR? Thanks!

DC1018

Feb 18, 2017
@DC1018 I got an AOR today. Not sure whether to laugh or cry! Any news your end?
No progress yet, still checking eligibility. Again, my case should be pretty straightforward as I only took regular vacation days away from the country. I'm suspecting IRCC is verifying my info with CBSA & CRA, communication among agencies might take longer these days too. I'll update when decision is made.

Reactions: Orlaith

DC1018

Feb 18, 2017
Did your family land or is this a renewal? It's surprising to see from AOR to DM only took one day, for family too. Congratulations!

prash42

Jun 1, 2014
Did your family land or is this a renewal? It's surprising to see from AOR to DM only took one day, for family too. Congratulations!
Ours is a renewal. Plenty of travel, but otherwise straight forward application. Also while status appears as DM, the underlying detail only says "we started processing your application". Not sure whether the next step is "application approved", or "card sent".