+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card - March 2020 processing time

LexK

Jul 21, 2020
I sent a webform to confirm the address, see if it was the reason behind the delay. Will update you guys.
It’s COVID - I sent 4 or 5 webforms asking for any info on what’s happening with my application. Got the same COVID explanation-reduced staffing all 5 times.

Wedding Crasher

Jan 29, 2018
It’s COVID - I sent 4 or 5 webforms asking for any info on what’s happening with my application. Got the same COVID explanation-reduced staffing all 5 times.
Yeah but I landed in February , yet, a lot of people who landed in March started getting their cards.

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Landed on March 10th - walked out and walked back in straight away (Rainbow bridge). Got updated yesterday - card was mailed yesterday.
I'm really happy to see some movement on the new cards. Congratulations everyone. I'm still waiting for my renewal.....

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Some guy landed in June and already got his card so I have no idea how they prioritize applications honestly.
Ircc is prioritizing applications for the following
  • vulnerable people
  • people who perform or support essential services
Thus i think the person might fall into this category who landed in june and got pr card

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Ircc is prioritizing applications for the following
  • vulnerable people
  • people who perform or support essential services
Thus i think the person might fall into this category who landed in june and got pr card
That’s the official version - but there’s something else to it.

If you search this forum you may notice that since the onset of the pandemic some approved inland PR applicants have been receiving CoPRs via email. For some unknown reason IRCC has been approving and mailing their PR cards much faster than those of landed outland PR applicants. There is a number of inlanders who received a landing email as recently as late June or even early July yet their PR cards have already been approved and mailed.

Therefore, this person must have been an inlander.

DC1018

Feb 18, 2017
I landed on 8 March. I checked my account on Sunday and I could swear that the Status had something else there. When I opened it, everything was the same with no new messages. So finally sent them a message through the web form the same day asking if everything was ok since I had not received any updates despite linking my application to my CIC account.

A few minutes ago, I finally get the "We updated your application status" email and upon checking my account, I finally see an update on them having mailed my PR card! So happy to get finally get the update. I was beginning to get slightly worried.
It's ghost update, completely normal, congrats!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
That’s the official version - but there’s something else to it.

If you search this forum you may notice that since the onset of the pandemic some approved inland PR applicants have been receiving CoPRs via email. For some unknown reason IRCC has been approving and mailing their PR cards much faster than those of landed outland PR applicants. There is a number of inlanders who received a landing email as recently as late June or even early July yet their PR cards have already been approved and mailed.

Therefore, this person must have been an inlander.
I think so. Inlanders might be getting pr cards quickly