AOR Received.
05-05-2019
Passport Req..
10-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2020
LANDED..........
15-03-2020
landed on march 15 - still waiting for the card. No updates as well.

hbrsid86

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-05-2019
Passport Req..
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
11-09-2021
Landed on 8th March and still waiting. Profile just says submitted and when I sent a question through the web form they responded that it takes longer due to the lack of staff working or something.

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
IRCC updated current processing times for PR cards on their website a few days ago.

It is now 135 days for new cards and 174 days for card renewals

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
IRCC updated current processing times for PR cards on their website a few days ago.

It is now 135 days for new cards and 174 days for card renewals
I saw that today also but it would be interesting to know if this is from now or if it also includes renewal applications that have already been in there for over 100 days. I wonder if anyone has any comments or views on this?

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Last edited:

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
174 days.... that's way too much... can i leave Canada while the application in progress and someone bring my card later ?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
REMINDER: IRRC's published processing times are NEVER a statement about how long it will take applications currently in process let alone how long any particular application will take. It is always HISTORICAL information, based on already completely processed applications.

To some extent how long it has taken to process "most" (at least one more than the median) applications in the past offers a general, very general ballpark figure as to what can be expected.

There is NO suggestion that any particular application will be processed within that time frame, let alone anything approaching assurance about how long it will take to process applications received, let alone about how long it will take to process future applications.

From @Orlaith: "I saw that today also but it would be interesting to know if this is from now or if it also includes renewal applications that have already been in there for over 100 days."​

No, it is not from now. Because it is about PR card applications which have already been completely processed. So likewise, no it is not about applications that were received more than a 100 days ago but have not been completed. It is only about applications for which the process has already been completed.

But yes, of course it is some clue about how long the processing will be both for applications received more than 100 days ago, those received since, and those being received now. Like temperatures in Toronto the second half of May last year are some indication of more or less likely temperatures this year.

What the published processing time for PR card applications means is that, as of when IRCC calculated this latest published processing time information, it had taken nearly SIX MONTHS for IRCC to process MOST PR card applications.

Which is NO SURPRISE. Processing this year has obviously slowed very dramatically, and perhaps completely stalled for a time.

The problem is that during volatile periods involving variable factors dramatically influencing processing times, there can be and often are radical changes in relatively short periods of time. Note, for example, when PRs were submitting PR card applications early this year, the processing time for MOST was less than two months. Yet it is apparent that now, more than three months later, the processing time for those applications will likely be nearly three times as long.

So current information about processing times is even LESS of an indicator than usual.

We do not know whether or not IRCC has begun to ramp up processing PR card applications again, and even if so, to what extent. We could see processing times suddenly begin to shorten dramatically. Or we could see processing times continue to get longer and longer.

ANYONE who claims to know how this is going to go in the near future should NOT be trusted.

from @muzmil: "174 days.... that's way too much... can i leave Canada while the application in progress and someone bring my card later ?"​

Sure, yes, this situation poses some inconvenience for many and outright difficulty for more than a few. As anyone paying any attention at all should readily recognize, yes indeed, the impact of the covid-19 pandemic and responsive measures is taking a huge toll on just about everyone, lots and lots of inconvenience, and a tragic amount of outright difficulty for many. PRs included, even if they are special. Citizens as well. Perhaps Temporary Residents disproportionately more. Recognizing, however, that when things get this fff'd-up trying to compare suffering tends to be idiosyncratic if not morbid, not at all illuminating or useful.

Suffice to say, things are not good and it appears it will be some time before they get much better, and forecasting how it will go is still in the realm of guessing wildly.

But yes, IF IRCC issues and mails the card, and the PR has a trusted family member or friend collecting her mail, the trusted friend can send the card abroad (best by courier service, with some caution exercised as to laws and situations in the destination) or carry the card in person to the PR abroad. Potential snags include being among those for whom IRCC requires the PR to personally pickup the card, which involves a counter interview including proof of identity. In the latter instance, to return to Canada and pickup the card, the PR abroad will need to obtain a PR Travel Document from a visa office abroad unless the PR can travel via the U.S. and approach the Canadian border by road.

Reactions: Trinizoey