+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card mailing to US address

appar

Nov 24, 2017
Quebec
Category........
FSW
I completed my soft landing at the Ambassador Bridge. The immigration officer said they can mail the card to my US address. I was pretty shocked when I heard that and asked her 3-4 times if she's sure about this. She sounded extremely sure and didn't even consult any other officer. In the end I told her to mail it to my US address. Is it really possible or will there be some problem later on?

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
If they are mailing cards to the US, then that is a pretty recent change. Never heard of that before, but with the recent cultural changes at IRCC after the Liberal government took over that place less emphasis on actual residency, who knows what they are up to.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
I completed my soft landing at the Ambassador Bridge. The immigration officer said they can mail the card to my US address. I was pretty shocked when I heard that and asked her 3-4 times if she's sure about this. She sounded extremely sure and didn't even consult any other officer. In the end I told her to mail it to my US address. Is it really possible or will there be some problem later on?
Something similar happened to me. At the time of landing, CBSA agent asked me for Canadian Address for PR cards, I told him that I don't have any Canadian address and I plan to return to USA after finishing landing formalities. He told me that he will put USA address in that case. I knew that CIC won't send PR cards out of Canada so I played along and provided US address to CBSA agent. Off course PR cards never made it to USA.

Reactions: appar

appar

Nov 24, 2017
Quebec
Category........
FSW
Something similar happened to me. At the time of landing, CBSA agent asked me for Canadian Address for PR cards, I told him that I don't have any Canadian address and I plan to return to USA after finishing landing formalities. He told me that he will put USA address in that case. I knew that CIC won't send PR cards out of Canada so I played along and provided US address to CBSA agent. Off course PR cards never made it to USA.
Ah too bad. What did you end up doing to get the card? I can either rent a UPS Box in Windsor or give my friend's address in Toronto.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Ah too bad. What did you end up doing to get the card? I can either rent a UPS Box in Windsor or give my friend's address in Toronto.
Mine PR cards story is bit bizarre. CIC sent PR cards to an immigration firm in Toronto. My company had used that firm for my Work Permit processing in 2014 but I did not use same firm for my PR processing. Anyways, that immigration firm reached out to me and asked me to provide a Canadian address. My PR cards are with a relative in Canada.

For you, address of friend would be safer and cheaper. You can then ask your friend to send PR cards to you by courier or you can use COPR to enter Canada and pick cards yourself in person.

Stacey611

Aug 16, 2018
Hi
Hoping you can help me, thanks in advance.

We will be coming to Canada (I'm Canadian born & my husband just received his COPR) soon.

On landing we give our address to the border immigration officer (we are going to be staying with my sister whilst we get settled) so they can mail the PR card to him, correct? was wondering if we needed to send the address before we travel to Canada or just give them the address info the same day we land....

thanks so much,

look forward to the reply,

Best regards
Stacey

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
Hoping you can help me, thanks in advance.

We will be coming to Canada (I'm Canadian born & my husband just received his COPR) soon.

On landing we give our address to the border immigration officer (we are going to be staying with my sister whilst we get settled) so they can mail the PR card to him, correct? was wondering if we needed to send the address before we travel to Canada or just give them the address info the same day we land....

thanks so much,

look forward to the reply,

Best regards
Stacey
Address only needed when you land. Giving a family member’s address is fine.

im2gaurav

Jun 16, 2018
Hi, can you share your experience regarding receiving PR card. The officer told me the same that PR card will be mailed to your US address. What did you to get your PR card? Thanks.

appar

Nov 24, 2017
Quebec
Category........
FSW
Hi, can you share your experience regarding receiving PR card. The officer told me the same that PR card will be mailed to your US address. What did you to get your PR card? Thanks.
PR Cards do not get delivered to the US. Call up IRCC and change the address