+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card mailing time

talrejaameet

Jun 22, 2009
Dear all
I had been waiting to receive my PR card which is mailed to me end of Nov 2016 as per ECAS system. I am just wondering if you can share your recent experience of receiving renewed PR card and the days it takes to get PR card in mail from the day it is mailed by CIC.
I have called CIC few times and they keep referring to 4-6 weeks standard delivery period but I have seen people receiving PR card in lesser time.
Any input is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

hannahmay

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received mine this year within 5/6 weeks. I wouldn't be calling up CIC about it just yet, wait until after the estimated time to call them.

Fingers crossed you get it soon though, it's a great feeling finally having the final product you've been waiting for!

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My New renewed PR card was mailed on DEC-16-2016. But whenever I check my status online , it says "In Process". Hope that it will change in "Decision Made" and will receive email to pick up my card at local CIC office.

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PR Card received in mail ( home address) today. !!!!

Didn't have to pick it from Local CIC Office !!!!! Surprised !!!

All the best to all of you.

Jerry1410

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Dear All

I applied for PR Card renewal. My application was referred to secondary review and I was asked to provide several documents. I did and the CIC has sent a letter saying that they have approved the renewal of the PR Card and will request the CPC (Case Processing Centre) to issue the card. So far I have not received the card or any letter regarding this.

Does anybody have any similar experience and do you know how long it will take for the CPC to send the Card.

I am outside Canada and want to travel to Canada by mid Feb. Do you think it is a good idea to apply for PRTD if the Card does not come by Mid January.

Thank you for your relies

hassankhaliddar

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Hi.
My mother was landed in montreal as permanent resident on 21st september 2016. Still she have not received her PR card.
1. Kindly guide me how much time it will take to receive PR card.
2. Any contact number for getting update.
A lady came with my mother have received it 3 weeks ago.