+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card mailed to old address

vprasady266

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
I had sponsored my wife and children for PR in Canada. When I moved to a different address in Canada last year, I updated my address on Canada.ca and my wife's address was showing the Indian address at the time as she was in when I sponsored them. I didn't update my family's address as they were still in India.
But after they have landed, their PR cards were sent to my old address. Can my friend who lives at the address be able to send them to me by mail? Is it allowed for PR cards to be sent by CanadaPost within Canada?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had sponsored my wife and children for PR in Canada. When I moved to a different address in Canada last year, I updated my address on Canada.ca and my wife's address was showing the Indian address at the time as she was in when I sponsored them. I didn't update my family's address as they were still in India.
But after they have landed, their PR cards were sent to my old address. Can my friend who lives at the address be able to send them to me by mail? Is it allowed for PR cards to be sent by CanadaPost within Canada?
If I were you, I would use UPS to deliver those cards to me instead.

vprasady266

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
As I was the sponser and all communication used to come to me, I thought the PR cards would be mailed to my new address, which didn't happen.
So, is it safe for my friend to mail the cards to my current address using CanadaPost or Fedex ? Does anyone know if posting sending PR cards within Canada by mail can be a problem?

Last edited:

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As I was the sponser and all communication used to come to me, I thought the PR cards would be mailed to my new address, which didn't happen.
So, is it safe for my friend to mail the cards to my current address using CanadaPost or Fedex ? Does anyone know if posting sending PR cards within Canada by mail can be a problem?
Lost would be a problem.

vprasady266

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Talking to an IRCC agent is proving impossible now because of high call volumes, how do I take this further? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.