+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card lost in mail

Dark Vader

Apr 8, 2017
Hi Guys,
I have been waiting for my PR card since I completed my landing in October, last week I called CIC and they told me it was sent out on December 10th 2017. They said that if I had not received it, it may either be lost in mail or has mistakenly been 'returned to sender', they have asked me to check back on 18th Jan.

Here are my questions -
1 - Is there any way whatsoever that I can find my envelope from Canada Post?
(why CIC does not send tracked packages is beyond me)

2 - Anyone who has had a similar experience? kindly share.

Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

Hi Guys,
I have been waiting for my PR card since I completed my landing in October, last week I called CIC and they told me it was sent out on December 10th 2017. They said that if I had not received it, it may either be lost in mail or has mistakenly been 'returned to sender', they have asked me to check back on 18th Jan.

Here are my questions -
1 - Is there any way whatsoever that I can find my envelope from Canada Post?
(why CIC does not send tracked packages is beyond me)

2 - Anyone who has had a similar experience? kindly share.

Thanks.
\

1. No, as it wasn't sent registered. If you don't get by the 18th then you are going to have to reapply with a solemn declaration that you never received.
2. Think of the cost of sending out 1/2 million cards per year to be signed for.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI

\

2. Think of the cost of sending out 1/2 million cards per year to be signed for.
Why don't they make this option available at the time people receive their COPR and those who need will have pay the shipping & handling fee in advance?

Dark Vader

Apr 8, 2017
Why don't they make this option available at the time people receive their COPR and those who need will have pay the shipping & handling fee in advance?
That could be an option. They can also include the cost in the PR application fee.
In my opinion, another huge flaw is asking new immigrants for an address on the day of landing. What if I have no friends or relatives in Canada whose address I can give and what my Airbnb accommodation is just for 2 weeks.
I know that the address can be changed, but NOTE at least since last 3 months the online portal for the address change is Not working. Also, Service Canada said they cannot do the address change, finally I was able to change my address by calling CIC. So, just saying, CIC can do more with regard to procedures for newly landed immigrants.

MWQ

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Hi Guys,

I landed in Canada in early April 2017 and I had to return back (I really didn't have a choice) in late May 2017 before receiving my pr card. I left the address of a friend (for safe keeping until my return) but he informed me that he didn't receive the card for which I did inform the CIC through the website (as telephone services not available overseas) but they didn't respond.
Now I applied for a PRTD in November 2017 and it been issued and right now I am planning to go in early April and settle permanently. Now my Questions is:
1- When can I apply for a new card what the procedure and should I call the police to report a lost card.
2- Worst case scenario how can a lost PR card harm me. what are the ramifications?
3- how to check if there is a problem arises of this matter and what can I do to clean this mess.

Ang&Guille

Nov 28, 2017
We are going to have to do landing in June but we have to come back to the US for at least 3 more months. How long is it taking to received the PR card? What happens if we need to go back to Canada before getting the PR card considering we are from Colombia and we need visa to go there?

Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

We are going to have to do landing in June but we have to come back to the US for at least 3 more months. How long is it taking to received the PR card? What happens if we need to go back to Canada before getting the PR card considering we are from Colombia and we need visa to go there?

Thanks!
1. 61 days plus mailing time to a Canadian address for initial PR card.
2. You either cross the border in NON commercial vehicle with your COPR or obtain a PR Travel Document in the US if you wish to return using Commercial vehicles.

Atacan

Feb 27, 2018
Hello all,

I have landed on Dec 7th even though I have given them my residential address they have mailed the card to my consultants address. But he hasn't received it yet. CIC agents told me to wait until March 13th and check back with them.

I will be leaving Canada on March 18th. I think I will not get it by that time and will cross border by car.

I was wondering if there is someone that had cards return to CIC and they have sent them again or wait again for 60 some days after solemn declaration.

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
22-Apr-2016, Additional Doc Request 13-July-2016
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
22 August, further tests 18 Sep, 11 Oct Meds passed
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
Hello all,

I have landed on Dec 7th even though I have given them my residential address they have mailed the card to my consultants address. But he hasn't received it yet. CIC agents told me to wait until March 13th and check back with them.

I will be leaving Canada on March 18th. I think I will not get it by that time and will cross border by car.

I was wondering if there is someone that had cards return to CIC and they have sent them again or wait again for 60 some days after solemn declaration.
Wait is not that long in case of solemn declaration. My case a new card was issued and delivered to my address within three weeks of having sent the solemn declaration form.

Atacan

Feb 27, 2018
Wait is not that long in case of solemn declaration. My case a new card was issued and delivered to my address within three weeks of having sent the solemn declaration form.

Thank you for your reply. I will check with them tomorrow and see what's gonna happen :)

Tamie_British

Feb 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
June 29, 2017
I got a message in my account saying the PR card was approved on March 22 but to date no card has arrived in the mail. I am concerned that I haven't received it as yet, anyone with that experience ?

Reactions: Smile24x7

Smile24x7

Mar 8, 2016
I got a message in my account saying the PR card was approved on March 22 but to date no card has arrived in the mail. I am concerned that I haven't received it as yet, anyone with that experience ?
Same case for me. Approved on 19 March yet no sign of the card :(

Tamie_British

Feb 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
June 29, 2017
Same case for me. Approved on 19 March yet no sign of the card :(
Just to update,
Landed Feb 12
Online PR Approval March 21
After weeks of calling I finally got through to an Agent today, The Agent said my PR Card was dispatched on March 14, 2018 and returned to CIC April 12, 2018 by Canada post because the address was deemed undeliverable (even though mail is received there all the time) The CIC Agent said it may be that the postal agent was new and did not know the route...... anyways they said they will dispatch the cards again today I am hopeful that I will receive them very soon.