+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Issue

ranajunaid299

Feb 13, 2021
Hello everyone,

I landed in Canada through Express Entry as permanent residents on 9th May 2023. It has now been 75 days since our arrival, and unfortunately, we haven't received our PR cards yet, even though the processing time mentioned on IRCC's website is 28 days.

I am a bit confused about whether the immigration officer instructed us to fill out any specific document or application form for our PR cards during our initial landing process. Therefore, I am seeking guidance on how we can confirm if our PR cards are currently in the process of being issued or not.

If they are not in process, I would also appreciate information on how to apply for the PR cards and what steps we need to follow. Any help or advice in this matter would be highly appreciated.

Thank you all for your support!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

I landed in Canada through Express Entry as permanent residents on 9th May 2023. It has now been 75 days since our arrival, and unfortunately, we haven't received our PR cards yet, even though the processing time mentioned on IRCC's website is 28 days.

I am a bit confused about whether the immigration officer instructed us to fill out any specific document or application form for our PR cards during our initial landing process. Therefore, I am seeking guidance on how we can confirm if our PR cards are currently in the process of being issued or not.

If they are not in process, I would also appreciate information on how to apply for the PR cards and what steps we need to follow. Any help or advice in this matter would be highly appreciated.

I've seen posters in this forum waited 6 months or so. The government processing time is just an estimate especially IRCC's recent strike.

Reactions: ranajunaid299

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hello everyone,

1. Link PR card application using steps here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html
2. Call IRCC at 1 (888) 242-2100 .When you call IRCC, It will ask you for the UCI , press 2 i.e. no UCI available and then as soon as the message for Afghanistan and Ukraine refugees start playing press 3 3 0 in quick succession you will be able to reach them

Were you asked a mailing address by officer ? Whether Yes or No, when you call IRCC, make sure your application has Canadian address on it. Otherwise the card, even if printed, wont be mailed out

Last edited:

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Link PR card application using steps here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html
2. Call IRCC at 1 (888) 242-2100 .When you call IRCC, It will ask you for the UCI , press 2 i.e. no UCI available and then as soon as the message for AF and UK refugees start playing press 3 3 0 in quick succession you will be able to reach them

Were you asked a mailing address by officer ? Whether Yes or No, when you call IRCC, make sure your application has Canadian address on it. Otherwise the card, even if printed, wont be mailed out
UK refugees?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello everyone,

I'd suggest first thing calling and checking that they have the correct address on file for you (the one where you can receive the mail at).

For some reason, a significant number of the PR card delays turn out to be that IRCC had the wrong address, or an address where it can't send mail, or a foreign address, etc - even when applicnats have provided the right mailing address. For whatever reason, they don't update properly in the right field or something like that.

ranajunaid299

Feb 13, 2021
2. Call IRCC at 1 (888) 242-2100 .When you call IRCC, It will ask you for the UCI , press 2 i.e. no UCI available and then as soon as the message for Afghanistan and Ukraine refugees start playing press 3 3 0 in quick succession you will be able to reach them

This step # 1 allowed me to link the PR application within my online IRCC portal and it says under status that "We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive." And this status was updated on 2023/06/07.

Thank you so much for the help.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
This step # 1 allowed me to link the PR application within my online IRCC portal and it says under status that "We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive." And this status was updated on 2023/06/07.

and you still havent received it ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

See above, call and check the address it was sent to.

ranajunaid299

Feb 13, 2021

We still have not received our PR Cards, and I have been calling this number for almost a week now the automatic service says that we are expereicing a large of calls and cannot transfer your call to a representative and then the call ends.

Please tell me what should I do now?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We still have not received our PR Cards, and I have been calling this number for almost a week now the automatic service says that we are expereicing a large of calls and cannot transfer your call to a representative and then the call ends.

Please tell me what should I do now?
Keep calling and/or try your MP's office.

Calling: I understand best to try first thing in the morning.

ranajunaid299

Feb 13, 2021
ok, so I was able to talk to a representative and he told me a wrong address where our PR cards were delivered. So, he sent me "Solemn Declaration concerning a PR card that was lost, stolen, destroyed or never received" form.

I am filling this form right now and need some guidance from you guys. Btw I went to the address where my PR card was said to be delivered by the representative but they said they never received anything.

This Solemn Declartion has a section where it says: "I have made the following efforts to locate this document (if applicable indicate police authorities and attach a copy of police report or incident report number". Do I have to attach a police report now or simply write that I went to that address and they did no receive it either?

pksajjads

Oct 22, 2014
Hi,
I'm in a bit of a weird situation right now. I did my soft landing back in June and gave my card's delivery address to a 'person' who is a friend of my friend. A few days later, I returned to my home country. Before returning, I asked the 'person' to courier my card to me once they receive it. In July, the 'person' informed me that they had received my card. Great! So, I asked the 'person' to send it to my address in my home country. But here's the weird part: for the past two months, the 'person' has been making excuses and hasn't sent me the card. Every time I reach out, there's a new excuse. I'm starting to wonder if the 'person' might be up to no good or misusing my card. I'm unsure about my next move. What do I do now? :(

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,
I'm in a bit of a weird situation right now. I did my soft landing back in June and gave my card's delivery address to a 'person' who is a friend of my friend. A few days later, I returned to my home country. Before returning, I asked the 'person' to courier my card to me once they receive it. In July, the 'person' informed me that they had received my card. Great! So, I asked the 'person' to send it to my address in my home country. But here's the weird part: for the past two months, the 'person' has been making excuses and hasn't sent me the card. Every time I reach out, there's a new excuse. I'm starting to wonder if the 'person' might be up to no good or misusing my card. I'm unsure about my next move. What do I do now? :(
You've asked this question in multiple threads.

Please DON'T do this.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Hi,
You have nice friends..