+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card issue

vitalman

May 31, 2013
Hello,
I was browsing internet regarding my problem and I noticed that Mr, Leon, is the most experienced and knowledgeable person according to me on this forum.
Therefor I would like Sir Leon to help me regarding my PR issue.

Dear Sir Leon,
I landed in canada in 2004 after 5 years my second PR card was issued in January 2010 it will be expiring in January 2015. I stayed there for one month only in July 2010. Now I am planning to go back to canada in this month before I could complete the period of three years of staying outside of canada since my last visit i.e july 2010. But the problem is that I have only one year and six months remaining before my PR card gets expired. I am afraid I won't be able to meet the residency requirement of the 730 days. Therefor my basic question to you sir Leon is that I am short of 180 days out of 730 days. As I have a valid PR card, so whether the airport immigration authorities will allow me to enter Canada or I will have to face problems?

Waiting for your quick and sincere reply.
Thank you,

vitalman

May 31, 2013
Hello everyone, Maybe Mr.Leone would be busy. All members of this forum are respectable for me. So please all of you are requested to help me by answering to my problem

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
You will be able to enter BUT you may be reported for not meeting the residency obligation requirements. If you are reported, you will need to appeal to keep your PR. If you are not reported, stay in Canada for as long as you need to be able to meet the residency obligation requirements. Only then should you attempt to apply to renew your PR card. You should also do nothing to remind CIC that you exist, such as try to sponsor anyone etc.

vitalman

May 31, 2013
Thank you Zardoz for your answer.
and can you please tell me that what is the percentage of acceptance of appeal? Do they easily accept the appeal or reject it? To be honest I don't have any appropriate reason of my absence from Canada. Secondly, Do they always report for the person who has some days or months short in his residency requirement?

Will be waiting for your reply. Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Unless you have a very good reason, such as a serious illness in the family, you have little chance of winning an appeal. It's a formal process and will be judged on legal grounds and precedent. Your best hope is that you don't get reported because you are only missing a small percentage of your requirements. Just pray that you get processed by an agent who is having a good day.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz is right. If you are lucky, you can enter Canada without being reported. If that happens, you should stay in Canada for 2 years without leaving and only apply to renew your PR card after that because you will then meet the residency requirements again.

If you get reported on entry, you will have to appeal for your PR stating the reason why you could not meet the residency requirements.

It is not that common to get reported so we hope you get lucky :)

vitalman

May 31, 2013
Thank you so much Sir, Leon you are realy great I will tell you all story when i will reach Toronto MY best regared far all GOOD by

vitalman

May 31, 2013
SIR LEON I have last and very important Q if official ask when you left canada last time what i will tell him that time and , is he know about my EXT date pl reply me i will be very thank full to you

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The problem is you don't know how much they see. Maybe they have your exit date, maybe not. I think it would be safer to say that you have been outside for almost 3 years and because of that, you are now returning to fulfill your 2/5 years.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Using an egate system airport where you self scan your PR Card and ppt to clear immigration appears to be a loophole to avoid interacting with border agents...you may still get pulled to Secondary Inspection though by the agent that collects your customs declaration card.