+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR CARD issue qorax and other seniors please

medhansh12345

Feb 5, 2011
Hi Qorax,

I received PR Cards for my wife & Kid and I didn’t receive any information regarding my PR Card and not sure what exactly is the problem.

I may not be able to enter Canada in this year and planning to move permanently sometime in the beginning of next year.

So I can reenter Canada anytime as long as I have the Corp forms? So do I need TD if I want to enter Canada from any country other than USA?

If I apply for TD now, how long it will be valid? I am not sure how to proceed now.

Please suggest. Thanks a lot for your help.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
medhansh12345 said:
Hi Qorax,

I received PR Cards for my wife & Kid and I didn't receive any information regarding my PR Card and not sure what exactly is the problem.

I may not be able to enter Canada in this year and planning to move permanently sometime in the beginning of next year.

So I can reenter Canada anytime as long as I have the Corp forms? So do I need TD if I want to enter Canada from any country other than USA?

If I apply for TD now, how long it will be valid? I am not sure how to proceed now.

Please suggest. Thanks a lot for your help.
1. U can always apply afresh for the PRCs, after reEntering Canada, @$50.
2. U should apply for the PRTD [@local CHC, costing $50] close to your travel plan.

Qorax

cheemakurti

Jul 30, 2009
Dear Qorax and other Seniors:

Thanks a lot for enabling people to take right decisions using this platform. I really appreciate your help that is impacting so many lives.

Coming to my story, here it is and kindly advise....

1. My daughter didn't get the PR card but the rest of the family got the PR cards as her photograph had some issues (like many of the folks here.
2. We are currently in USA and planning to relocate to Canada by end of Aug to match the date to fall within 180 days from the notification date for a picture.

a) PR Travel document(TD): Does my daughter (who is 14 year old) have to get a TD or can we enter Canada from US
with COPR only? Someone said TD not needed but is it mentioned anywhere in the CIC website officially? Because, if I pack up and travel via road then I don't want to be sent back. Instead I take TD and go.

b) If TD is required, please let us know the process at Washington/Buffalo embassy when appearing in person and timelines for personal appearance so that I can plan my trip to there and also to Canada. If they give in 1 day for personal appearance, I can do this on the way to our Canada trip.

c) Passport validity: When we did the landing in January, my daughter's passport (Indian) has almost 1 year validity. As of now, the validity is little less than 6 months. Do I have to get her a renewed passport when I enter Canada next month with TD ((as it
is less than 6 months in Aug)? Can we go with this passport or should I renew in US before going to Canada? If new passport, hope all the PR stuff holds good right.

d) We are relocating to Canada from US for good - So We are planning to fly to Buffalo and then go by road (instead of flying to Toronto, due to visting friends in Buffalo). Can we take a bus and go to Toronto with all the luggage? any issues with Bus mode when entering Canada?

Thanks in advance for your replies -
Cks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
cheemakurti said:
Dear Qorax and other Seniors:

Thanks a lot for enabling people to take right decisions using this platform. I really appreciate your help that is impacting so many lives.

Coming to my story, here it is and kindly advise....

1. My daughter didn't get the PR card but the rest of the family got the PR cards as her photograph had some issues (like many of the folks here.
2. We are currently in USA and planning to relocate to Canada by end of Aug to match the date to fall within 180 days from the notification date for a picture.

a) PR Travel document(TD): Does my daughter (who is 14 year old) have to get a TD or can we enter Canada from US
with COPR only? Someone said TD not needed but is it mentioned anywhere in the CIC website officially? Because, if I pack up and travel via road then I don't want to be sent back. Instead I take TD and go.

b) If TD is required, please let us know the process at Washington/Buffalo embassy when appearing in person and timelines for personal appearance so that I can plan my trip to there and also to Canada. If they give in 1 day for personal appearance, I can do this on the way to our Canada trip.

c) Passport validity: When we did the landing in January, my daughter's passport (Indian) has almost 1 year validity. As of now, the validity is little less than 6 months. Do I have to get her a renewed passport when I enter Canada next month with TD ((as it
is less than 6 months in Aug)? Can we go with this passport or should I renew in US before going to Canada? If new passport, hope all the PR stuff holds good right.

d) We are relocating to Canada from US for good - So We are planning to fly to Buffalo and then go by road (instead of flying to Toronto, due to visting friends in Buffalo). Can we take a bus and go to Toronto with all the luggage? any issues with Bus mode when entering Canada?

Thanks in advance for your replies -
Cks
a) She, or anyone for that matter, do not require a PRTD if travelling by road, in a pvt tpt.
b) ...
c) There's no minimum validity requirement for the pps. As long as there's one more day left - u r good to enter.
d) If u have excess luggage [beyond 1/pax] u'd have trouble taking the bus. Call Greyhound & check.
d1) Also, with this mode - u'd require a PRTD for her.

Qorax

cheemakurti

Jul 30, 2009
qorax said:
a) She, or anyone for that matter, do not require a PRTD if travelling by road, in a pvt tpt.
b) ...
c) There's no minimum validity requirement for the pps. As long as there's one more day left - u r good to enter.
d) If u have excess luggage [beyond 1/pax] u'd have trouble taking the bus. Call Greyhound & check.
d1) Also, with this mode - u'd require a PRTD for her.

Qorax
Qorax: Thanks a lot for your inputs. Couple of quick clarifications needed.
a) Pvt tpt- Is it private trip? What do you mean by that? Don't we carry luggage in that trip?
b) Since we are plannig to go by road (bus - I will check abt the luggage constrainrs), so you confirm that she must get PRTD then?
c) In such case how long does it take for getting a TD if one appears personally in Washington DC/BFLO embassies? Pl advise and thanks once again, as always - cks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
cheemakurti said:
Qorax: Thanks a lot for your inputs. Couple of quick clarifications needed.
a) Pvt tpt- Is it private trip? What do you mean by that? Don't we carry luggage in that trip?
b) Since we are plannig to go by road (bus - I will check abt the luggage constrainrs), so you confirm that she must get PRTD then?
c) In such case how long does it take for getting a TD if one appears personally in Washington DC/BFLO embassies? Pl advise and thanks once again, as always - cks
a) Pvt. Tpt. = Private Transport [viz. Car, rented or owned & Taxi].
b) Yes, with a 'public carrier' [bus, airplane, ship etc.] u'd require a PRTD. They wouldn't let u board w/out that.
c) I've no clue on the time it takes.

Qorax

cheemakurti

Jul 30, 2009
qorax said:
a) Pvt. Tpt. = Private Transport [viz. Car, rented or owned & Taxi].
b) Yes, with a 'public carrier' [bus, airplane, ship etc.] u'd require a PRTD. They wouldn't let u board w/out that.
c) I've no clue on the time it takes.

Qorax
Thanks a lot Qorax...