+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card - first time -Processing Timeline 2021- Montreal office

ABCxyz@#

Nov 28, 2019
First pr card inland( Montreal office)

- CoPR 25 may 2021
- Photo & COPR letter delivered on 1 june 2021 (also linked online to CIC account)
- No updates

Is it possible for us to be transfered to the Portal ?

yoyoyo1

Star Member
Apr 7, 2021
First pr card inland( Montreal office)

- CoPR 25 may 2021
- Photo & COPR letter delivered on 1 june 2021 (also linked online to CIC account)
- No updates

Is it possible for us to be transfered to the Portal ?
I asked about that through webform, let's see where it goes.

yoyoyo1

Star Member
Apr 7, 2021
It's a deadlock now, we can't do anything further about our applications processing at Montreal office.
Just wait that's the only way I think.

splat_plume

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
It's a deadlock now, we can't do anything further about our applications processing at Montreal office.
Just wait that's the only way I think.
Or call your MP and send webforms. My MP said he'll help me. If people don't flag the issue as big enough, it won't be treated as important. Their numbers are looking good because of portal cards but we are the unlucky lot left behind. They can keep us there and justify the status quo with the portal numbers.

Reactions: Rasha

splat_plume

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Just heard of someone who sent their picture in January and it just got rejected despite ircc telling him for months it was approved. Not sure if there was an actual issue with the photo or it passed the 6 month mark..

Eternalnes

Aug 7, 2021
Same boat as you guys, I received CoPR at the end of February and send photos the day after to IRCC Montréal. They received them on March 1st and nothing since then.

zammy123

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Everyone needs to just write in to your MPs and IRCC. If not to expedite our cards, perhaps for IRCC to allow for an exception this year to allow re-entry to Canada for PRs without a card or PRTD. An exceptional measure to give IRCC some respite but more importantly, us too! It's absurd we have to wait months to over a year to be allowed into Canada when a visitor can apply for an ETA and get it in minutes before checking into a flight.. We pay taxes here and have formally and legally completed the process, why should we accept anything less than a visitor to Canada? Theoretically, it is our right to enter if we are in good standing. This delay in printing a piece of plastic is archaic and unjust.

There's also the group où est ma carte de résidence on Facebook.

You can also contact the montreal office at:

CIC-QUE-Pre-Landing <CIC-QUE-Pre-Landing@cic.gc.ca>

Yes, they are reading the emails there and responding.
Hi,
So after sending an email to Montreal office, how much time they took to get back to you.
Thank you