+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card - first time -Processing Timeline 2021- Montreal office

Thaisasp

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
Do you guys know if I can travel outside Canada with my visitor permit? The one I have is still valid until 2024
I’m still waiting for PR card but I have to travel in December and to be honest I don’t think I will get the card before that

zammy123

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Do you guys know if I can travel outside Canada with my visitor permit? The one I have is still valid until 2024
I’m still waiting for PR card but I have to travel in December and to be honest I don’t think I will get the card before that
Unfortunately, you cannot use visitor visa once you become PR. If you wish to travel without your PR card then you have to apply for PRTD in your home country's VAC.
All your previous visas and permit would consider voided once you become PR.

Thaisasp

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
Unfortunately, you cannot use visitor visa once you become PR. If you wish to travel without your PR card then you have to apply for PRTD in your home country's VAC.
All your previous visas and permit would consider voided once you become PR.
Oh god- thank you :/

Engmmh

Nov 28, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I sent my photos to Montreal office on April 24, 2021, and as most of you haven't received my Pr card yet.
As I passed the normal processing time, should I send a Solemn declaration to Sydney , Have anyone tried this solution and got their cards.

Thanks,

yoyoyo1

Star Member
Apr 7, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I sent my photos to Montreal office on April 24, 2021, and as most of you haven't received my Pr card yet.
As I passed the normal processing time, should I send a Solemn declaration to Sydney , Have anyone tried this solution and got their cards.

Thanks,
I think Solemn declaration only works when they sent pr card to you and you never received it in six weeks.

Engmmh

Nov 28, 2018
I think Solemn declaration only works when they sent pr card to you and you never received it in six weeks.
They mentioned the following in the website:
Use this form if:

• you have waited six weeks longer than the normal processing time and you still have not received your PR card; or
  • your PR card was lost, stolen or destroyed but you don’t want to reapply for a new one right now.
I think our case is as the first category.

yoyoyo1

Star Member
Apr 7, 2021
They mentioned the following in the website:
Use this form if:

• you have waited six weeks longer than the normal processing time and you still have not received your PR card; or
  • your PR card was lost, stolen or destroyed but you don’t want to reapply for a new one right now.
I think our case is as the first category.
Same info different page
:p
If you did not get your PR card after six weeks have passed
If you are waiting for your PR card and six weeks have passed from the time the card was mailed to you and you did not get it, you must complete a solemn declaration. Mailing instructions are provided at the bottom of the form.

Note: if 180 days have passed since the PR card was mailed, you will have to apply for a PR card, fill in section G (solemn declaration), and include the fee payment

Engmmh

Nov 28, 2018
Same info different page
:p
If you did not get your PR card after six weeks have passed
If you are waiting for your PR card and six weeks have passed from the time the card was mailed to you and you did not get it, you must complete a solemn declaration. Mailing instructions are provided at the bottom of the form.

Note: if 180 days have passed since the PR card was mailed, you will have to apply for a PR card, fill in section G (solemn declaration), and include the fee payment
Weird, don't know what to follow with all this misleading information.
Anyone in the same boat and thinking of sending this declaration form.

dof13

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Hello Everyone,

Thanks,
You can only send a solemn declaration if you didn’t receive your PR card six weeks after it was MAILED. Meaning that your card was already processed, mailed and you didn’t receive the card. Most of us, and I believe this your case as well, didn’t even have our cards processed yet. You cannot send a solemn declaration.

Reactions: Engmmh

Gandhius

Jul 11, 2020
I'm in the same boat guys. Sending in early February and still nothing. So much for our tax money. Incompetent government

skylar2010

Feb 28, 2021
Hi guys! it is just for a heads up to anyone waiting for intitial pr card from Montreal office. I sent my photo back in March 15th and I called several times before and I was told that they don't know what was the status of my pr card application. But today I called IRCC and the officer said my pr card was sent to production and I can expect the card will be delivered in few weeks. I think finally Montreal office is working!

Gandhius

Jul 11, 2020
Hi guys! it is just for a heads up to anyone waiting for intitial pr card from Montreal office. I sent my photo back in March 15th and I called several times before and I was told that they don't know what was the status of my pr card application. But today I called IRCC and the officer said my pr card was sent to production and I can expect the card will be delivered in few weeks. I think finally Montreal office is working!
Thank you for the update. Cheers

jad123

Jun 15, 2021
My status changed from submitted to updated yesterday. I applied from the 17th of march for the initial card.
I re-checked today, it was back to submitted. i think they started to work again