+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card - first time -Processing Timeline 2021- Montreal office

zammy123

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Another update Guys,

My MP just called me and he assured me that he is directly talking to the Immigration minister regarding my issue. We had a brief 10 minutes talk.

After that, I have received another call from my local MP office asking about my PR card application. So hoping things are moving fast for me.

Please wish me luck and hopefully, I will receive my card soon. I will keep updating you guys about the progress.

Thank you.

Reactions: Rasha

CEC_Candidate1001

Jun 3, 2020
Another update Guys,

My MP just called me and he assured me that he is directly talking to the Immigration minister regarding my issue. We had a brief 10 minutes talk.

After that, I have received another call from my local MP office asking about my PR card application. So hoping things are moving fast for me.

Please wish me luck and hopefully, I will receive my card soon. I will keep updating you guys about the progress.

Thank you.
Hey how did you find and connect to your MP?

jyotisc

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Montreal Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Another update Guys,

Thank you.
How to arrange a meeting with MP by sending mail or by calling?

Beibh1004

Apr 8, 2021
Another update Guys,

Thank you.
Well done with your efforts! The same issue is happening at the Ottawa office. I hope the message your MP relays gets the point across for everyone waiting for so long. Best wishes for a speedy resolution!

Reactions: Rasha and zammy123

Mndnmrlt

Mar 10, 2021
Just an update, I was trying to get attention from my MP and dealing with her office assistant for nearly 7 months no result but guess what when I sent her the article link, I receive a response that my MP will call me this afternoon.

So in short it's working and please forward that link to your local MP office.

Thank you.
Thank you for the information. I just sent an email to my MP office.

Reactions: zammy123

Elvisguo

Mar 13, 2021
Hi guys, we are in the same boat. I sent my photo to the Montreal office on 18th March 2021, and I am still waiting....
What makes them process a piece of card for a such long time?

splat_plume

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Everyone needs to just write in to your MPs and IRCC. If not to expedite our cards, perhaps for IRCC to allow for an exception this year to allow re-entry to Canada for PRs without a card or PRTD. An exceptional measure to give IRCC some respite but more importantly, us too! It's absurd we have to wait months to over a year to be allowed into Canada when a visitor can apply for an ETA and get it in minutes before checking into a flight.. We pay taxes here and have formally and legally completed the process, why should we accept anything less than a visitor to Canada? Theoretically, it is our right to enter if we are in good standing. This delay in printing a piece of plastic is archaic and unjust.

There's also the group où est ma carte de résidence on Facebook.

You can also contact the montreal office at:

CIC-QUE-Pre-Landing <CIC-QUE-Pre-Landing@cic.gc.ca>

Yes, they are reading the emails there and responding.