+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card - first time -Processing Timeline 2021- Montreal office

splat_plume

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Do you guys think there'll be any issues with sending the card application to Sydney instead? It seems like Montreal is sleeping..

HKB_25

Aug 2, 2021
Hello everyone,
I am in the same boat as you guys.
Here is my Timeline-
COPR-19thMarch, 2021
Photos Delivered- 24th March, 2021
It's almost been 4 months no updates from IRCC. Web Forms also repeating the same info over and over again.
Moreover, The processing times have been changed on the website to 67days :confused:. which i don't understand at all.
Is there a way we can contact Montreal office Directly?

Apr 20, 2021
Hi everyone,
I'm in the same position as a lot of you.
I've sent the request for the PR card at the end of April, portal page says 'submitted', but no news since then.
Next month I'm gonna move to a different address but I've no idea how to communicate with the office to update them on the change of address.
Anyone else in the same situation?

HKB_25

Aug 2, 2021
Hi everyone,
I'm in the same position as a lot of you.
I've sent the request for the PR card at the end of April, portal page says 'submitted', but no news since then.
Next month I'm gonna move to a different address but I've no idea how to communicate with the office to update them on the change of address.
Anyone else in the same situation?
I think you can change your address online. Here is the link Check it out-
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=coa&lang=en
Also you can call IRCC as well to confirm or change

splat_plume

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
I know how pain it is. I waited for a year to get my copr but they made a mistake on my DOB. I have sent a lot webform and called so many times, they just response all the same that let me send an application to Ottawa to amend the DOB on copr document. It’s not my fault at all, all the information in their system is right. The processing time for amend the mistake is 6 months…. Its unbelievable…then I just sent out the wrong copr with my photos and also a letter to explain the situation. They received my application on May 7 and I also heard nothing so far. I even don’t know if they would print the right one PR card or not… now I am anxious every day..
I'm in the same boat as you. They made a mistake with my naming order. I too got my CoPR on April 29th and had the photos delivered May 5th.. Or something.. I attached a letter of explanation with the incorrect CoPR. I just hope they don't send it all back and say - "sorry, amend it and resend it.." Really have half a mind to send a fresh application to Sydney..

aioriags

Aug 9, 2020
I'm in the same boat as you. They made a mistake with my naming order. I too got my CoPR on April 29th and had the photos delivered May 5th.. Or something.. I attached a letter of explanation with the incorrect CoPR. I just hope they don't send it all back and say - "sorry, amend it and resend it.." Really have half a mind to send a fresh application to Sydney..
Has sending a new app to Sydney ever worked? lol.
The system is so messed up. It took them 2 weeks after receiving my application for them to process it and only then was I able to link to my account. This was over a month ago and there are no updates or anything.

splat_plume

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Has sending a new app to Sydney ever worked? lol.
The system is so messed up. It took them 2 weeks after receiving my application for them to process it and only then was I able to link to my account. This was over a month ago and there are no updates or anything.
You can't send one to Sydney until 180 days after your status or 6 weeks after normal processing times. Going by the 6 week route and adding the current processing time of 67 days, I'll send it after 109 days from when my application was sent. I need to leave the country for a few weeks in March next year and seeing how Montreal has a backlog since January this year, I don't have much hope..

mah.abde

Sep 14, 2020
Reactions: Rasha and zammy123

zammy123

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Just an update, I was trying to get attention from my MP and dealing with her office assistant for nearly 7 months no result but guess what when I sent her the article link, I receive a response that my MP will call me this afternoon.

So in short it's working and please forward that link to your local MP office.

Thank you.

Reactions: Rasha and mah.abde

mah.abde

Sep 14, 2020
Just an update, I was trying to get attention from my MP and dealing with her office assistant for nearly 7 months no result but guess what when I sent her the article link, I receive a response that my MP will call me this afternoon.

So in short it's working and please forward that link to your local MP office.

Thank you.
Thank you for letting me know. I'll definitely do that.

Reactions: zammy123