+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Expiry

Joanne

Nov 29, 2007
Hi all,
I am a PR of Canada, married to Canadian. Due to his work we are living in the UK (my home country) until Summer of 2008. My PR card expires before the date that we are due to leave.
How do I apply for a replacement card? Can I do it from the UK?
ANY help would be appreciated as I don't want to get left at the border worried about the staus of my card.
Thanks in advance
Joanne

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Joanne said:
Hi all,
I am a PR of Canada, married to Canadian. Due to his work we are living in the UK (my home country) until Summer of 2008. My PR card expires before the date that we are due to leave.
How do I apply for a replacement card? Can I do it from the UK?
ANY help would be appreciated as I don't want to get left at the border worried about the staus of my card.
Thanks in advance
Joanne
1. You can't apply overseas, you must be in Canada.
2. If you are a UK citizen and accompanying your Canadian citizen spouse, you could enter without the PR card, but would probably be question on your status on entry. Some airlines may refuse to board you if you have a 1 way ticket.
3. You can apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document at London if you wish to be sure of admission.

PMM

Joanne

Nov 29, 2007
Thanks for that, just one more query, seeing as it's just a card renewal and not a first time PR card can it all be done by mail - or do I need to go to Toronto again to get it picked up?
Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Joanne said:
Thanks for that, just one more query, seeing as it's just a card renewal and not a first time PR card can it all be done by mail - or do I need to go to Toronto again to get it picked up?
Thanks
Probably have to pick it up.

PMM