+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Expired - Now Want to Apply again under Express Entry

DanzKurt

Jul 23, 2018
Hi

Please help
I was able to renounce my old PR and have got confirmation from Canadian embassay New Delhi.
We got PR back in 2003 when I went as dependent.

Now I am in process of creating my express entry profile, which option should I select under “have you applied for Canadian immigration before”

Please help.
Hi. Were you successful with your express entry application??

CharviDhingra

Apr 24, 2019
Hi

Please help
I was able to renounce my old PR and have got confirmation from Canadian embassay New Delhi.
We got PR back in 2003 when I went as dependent.

Now I am in process of creating my express entry profile, which option should I select under “have you applied for Canadian immigration before”

Please help.
Hi Karan,

I was researching about renouncing and reapplying for PR card and I came across this forum. I am in the same boat and wanted to ask you if there is any impact on renouncing previous PR for reapplication. I am a little concerned about my status and any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Karan_10

May 9, 2018
I don’t think there should be an impact, In my case my PR conditions didn’t meet as I never stayed in Canada, so I was able to renounce my PR.

Now I have applied again under express entry but file is still under processing.

SonuJ

May 28, 2019
Hello Karan_10 - how did it go with you ? I am in the same boat as you.Any Information will be helpful.

DanzKurt

Jul 23, 2018
I was able to obtain PR again via express entry after renouncing the first time because i did not meet the residency obligation. When landing, immigration asked me "why had i change my mind to come back to Canada". They said its rare but they have seen people do this in the past.

Azeus

Oct 14, 2019
Hello Karan_10 - how did it go with you ? I am in the same boat as you.Any Information will be helpful.
Hi

My wife is a PR holder, but her card has expired and her residency obligations not met. I'm applying through Express entry now. In the section where it asks, if the spouse is a permanent resident. What should I answer? That she is a PR holder or I should just mention "No"

Is it compulsory that I should revoke her PR first? or I could go through Express entry with her being a PR (card expired)?

Sampower

May 9, 2018
You should mention that she is\ was a PR Holder. It is card that expired not her status. You need to renounce the old pr and apply again from scratch. you should be fine as long as you are having required points to get ITA. This is what i did.....

snow2_00_2

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Hi, I received my PR card in 2013 and after doing landing for 15days, we never returned. Now, we are interested but the CSR is 420 (NOC 0113/1225). Should we revoke and reapply or try to enter through US (land) and appeal?