+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Expired - Now Want to Apply again under Express Entry

Karan_10

May 9, 2018
Hi,

I am Karan, we got PR in 2004 under Business Category. My Father was the principal applicant and I was the dependent. Somehow, because of family issues back in India we couldn't stay in Canada and came beck within few months. I was 21 years old when we came back.

Now after all these years, I want to apply again as principal applicant and intent for Canadian PR along with my Wife and 2 children. I have already given IELTS and have good CRS score of 450+.

Please recommend how should I go about with regards to my express entry filing. Do I need to do anything with my old PR. I still have the card with me.

Also a year back my father applied for a tourist VISA of Canada, he was just required to sign an undertaking that he wont contest for PR renewal and was granted tourist VISA for 10 years.

I want to apply again from scratch.

Regards
Karan

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi,

I am Karan, we got PR in 2004 under Business Category. My Father was the principal applicant and I was the dependent. Somehow, because of family issues back in India we couldn't stay in Canada and came beck within few months. I was 21 years old when we came back.

Now after all these years, I want to apply again as principal applicant and intent for Canadian PR along with my Wife and 2 children. I have already given IELTS and have good CRS score of 450+.

Please recommend how should I go about with regards to my express entry filing. Do I need to do anything with my old PR. I still have the card with me.

Also a year back my father applied for a tourist VISA of Canada, he was just required to sign an undertaking that he wont contest for PR renewal and was granted tourist VISA for 10 years.

I want to apply again from scratch.

Regards
Karan
Unless you have either formally renounced your PR status or had it formally revoked, you are still a Permanent Resident.

You will not be eligible for Express Entry until you formally renounce your PR status or apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document and have it denied.

Karan_10

May 9, 2018
Unless you have either formally renounced your PR status or had it formally revoked, you are still a Permanent Resident.

You will not be eligible for Express Entry until you formally renounce your PR status or apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document and have it denied.

Thanks for the prompt reply. How do I renounce my PR, I am in India currently. Also how long will the process take as I want to apply for express entry asap. Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Also is there a way to check if PR has already been revoked.
You would know. It doesn't just quietly happen. You would have been provided with appeal documents.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013

iPunjabi

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
London, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-10-2017
Passport Req..
01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2018
LANDED..........
07-04-2018
I should try to apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document. If they issue you one you might be good to travel back as a PR (which I highly doubt as you have not met the PR requirement).
In case if they deny you may file for petition stating your reason

Karan_10

May 9, 2018
Hi Zardoz

Can I sent this form online, it yes who to send. Also how long it takes to renounce PR. Last, form doesn’t have the reason of reapplying for PR as the reason for renounciation of existing PR.

Karan_10

May 9, 2018
I know I am asking again, but little nervous and just want to be sure before I go ahead. Should I submit the PR Voluntary renounce form at local visa Center in India. Will they give me any confirmation on same. Thx

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I know I am asking again, but little nervous and just want to be sure before I go ahead. Should I submit the PR Voluntary renounce form at local visa Center in India. Will they give me any confirmation on same. Thx
Did you read the guide? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5781ETOC.asp#5781E6

It tells you where to send the forms.

Find out where to submit your application
If you are applying from India mail your application to:

High Commission of Canada
Immigration Section
P.O. Box 5209
New Delhi
110021, India

OR

Consulate General of Canada
SCO 54-55-56, Sector 17 A
Chandigarh 160017
India

OR

Consulate General of Canada
World Trade Center, 22nd Floor
26/1, Dr. Rajkumar Road
Malleshwaram West
Yeshwantpur
Bangalore - 560055
India

Sampower

May 9, 2018
As you know that you have not met RO so best option is to renounce the PR then apply again from scratch (you have good score).
Please fill in the details for voluntarily renounce pr and send it to your local Visa consulate. Once that's done, apply for Express entry. Sometimes no confirmation given, they just do it.

Karan_10

May 9, 2018
Thanks for all the help. I will mail my application to consulate in Chandigarh as I live nearby. Hope the process gets completed within a month for me to quickly enter the Express entry pool.

Thanks again.

Karan_10

May 9, 2018
I tried to drop in my documents at Canadian Consulate in Chandigarh, they have told me that they don’t accept any documents from public in person or through courier and I need to come through VFS.

Karan_10

May 9, 2018
Hi Zardoz

I have tried dropping my documents at Canadian consulate in Chandigarh, they don’t accept anything direct and asked me to come through VFS. I tried VFS as well they are saying that they don’t process voluntarily renounciation form. If I need to renounce I may apply for tourist VISA or consult a IRCC consultant.

So I am totally confused now, should I mail my documents to delhi.

Please suggest. Look forward to your reply. Thanks

Karan_10

May 9, 2018
Hi

Please help
I was able to renounce my old PR and have got confirmation from Canadian embassay New Delhi.
We got PR back in 2003 when I went as dependent.

Now I am in process of creating my express entry profile, which option should I select under “have you applied for Canadian immigration before”

Please help.