+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card expired and wanted to apply late?it is possible.

cuterose

Dec 25, 2009
Hi.
My PR card expired in 4th Feb 2010(5 year card).
i wanted to renew it.can i apply it by end of this feb-2010.is it ok.or it will cause problem for me to apply late.
i have been in canada since last 4 years and i have job ,residance and pay stub,income tax proof till date.i m in canada and working in company.

pl advice.

i got late to apply because i got divorced and remarried to another so i needed to change my surname to present hubby's surname and name followed by my name(previously it was on my ex husband as he sponsher me to come canada).so it took some time to change my drivers lincence name and other supporting documnet so that i can renew my pr card with this changed name.
also i had sponsered my present husband and he got PR visa from abroad.now he is coming to canada on 10th march-2010.
or i should apply on my old name pr card(as it is) and later when i apply for citizenship that time i change my passport name with my 2nd husband name and surname.

I really appreciate you guyies help in this matter.
pl do the needful

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can apply for a new PR card as late as you want. When you apply, send proof of your name change and then you will get your new name on your PR card. However, if your name is different on your passport still, you should carry your name change papers with you when you travel.

cuterose

Dec 25, 2009
Merci.. leon pour aider.

so will do one thing is ,first of all i would change the name as per 2nd marriage 's husband's name and surname and then i would use this name so that it appears on my renewed pr card.
meanwhile husband will come here with me 10-march.so arround 25 feb i would get name changed on lincence and other doc so that i can produce it proof as my legal name change doc to renew pr card.

thank once again.