+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card during Soft Landing

maheshmit

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hi All,

I received my COPR recently and am planning to do soft landing towards the end of December. I've been reading on forums that recently immigration officers are not initiating the PR card for folks doing a soft landing.

In this regard, it would be helpful if those of you who had performed a soft landing recently can confirm this - was your PR card initiated or did the officer refuse to initiate the PR card?

Thanks!

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
There is a written policy for this. But not all officers are aware of it or enforce it. It is pretty much a matter of luck.

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Sorry i am not PR yet but waiting for ppr...what you mean not initiating PR card for a soft landing?

Smartypreet24

Jan 18, 2022
Hi All,

I received my COPR recently and am planning to do soft landing towards the end of December. I've been reading on forums that recently immigration officers are not initiating the PR card for folks doing a soft landing.

In this regard, it would be helpful if those of you who had performed a soft landing recently can confirm this - was your PR card initiated or did the officer refuse to initiate the PR card?

Thanks!
Hi , I am on same boat, what happened next in your case..?

maheshmit

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hi , I am on same boat, what happened next in your case..?
Hi - The immigration officer just asked me the address where I'll be staying and I gave my friend's address. The topic of my return date did not come up and I did not mention that I'll be leaving in a week. We received our PR cards in a month and our friends brought it to India. Hope this is helpful