+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card doesn't come to my address ?? Reason unknown

smartstyle

Mar 15, 2010
I have landed on 9th May 2011. I still don't have my PR card received to the address ? There was a postal strike, but still too long time i have not received anything ? What might be the reason for this ? The online system is indicating i have become a PR of Canada on 9th, but no PR card, I have received a healthcare and SIN first two weeks after landing. What might be the reason for the PR delay ? I gave the officer my address written on paper so misspelling is impossible. Some people complain the picture does not match, but my picture is in accordance with the requirements and I haven't received any kind of notice about that my picture is bad or anything like this ?? I have no correspondence coming from the Immigration.

What might be the reason for such a long delay ? Is it still possible for the PR card to arrive or I have to stop waiting and try to apply for a new one ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is still possible that it will arrive. It has only been 2 months. You can phone CIC and ask their advice but I don't think it is uncommon for some PR cards to get delayed a bit without anything being wrong.

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
Dear..only reason for delay is Strike and nothing else in routine cases if all is well.

In an unfortunate situation, there could be some issues over pictures but as u said that all is as per specification than wait. I landed on 1st April 2011 and got my PRCs on 24th May 2011...almost after 45 days.

In the present situation of strike, u need to double it as Canada post is serving on first come first basis

gud luk
asyousuf