+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Delayed - VERIFICATION in process - Anyone in the same boat ?

Arora5983

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
NS
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
18-01-2014
Nomination.....
19-07-2013
AOR Received.
21-09-2013
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
In Process, Pymt Request and Paid on 05-02-2014
Med's Request
29-09-2013
Passport Req..
05-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-03-2014
karamatnajeeb said:
Any progress on your PR cards ?. Hope verification process is over and,you have positive feedback from CIC.

Our PR cards not received yet.
I checked with CIC, they said, your card is gone for printing, but they also told that there is problem in my landing documents, which i need to correct it, once i will receive PR cards.

karamatnajeeb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
20-03-2014
Arora5983 said:
I checked with CIC, they said, your card is gone for printing, but they also told that there is problem in my landing documents, which i need to correct it, once i will receive PR cards.
Good, that's great, atleast now you will be receiving PR cards. You can later apply for correction. Any indication what correction is required ?.

sarayu

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
29-Mar-2012 Nomination Extn: 28-Sep-2012
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
25-Jan-2013 ECAS "Med Rec": 21-Mar-2013 In Process: 05-Sep-2013 Decision Made: 05-Oct-2013
Passport Req..
07-Oct-2013 & 20-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
SaiSivaRam said:
Yes, i received my cards on last Friday - it has been a long stressful waiting period - it feels so good now !!
Hearty Congratulations SSR. Got your personal message and replied to you.

Thanks,
Sarayu.

Arora5983

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
NS
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
18-01-2014
Nomination.....
19-07-2013
AOR Received.
21-09-2013
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Med's Request
29-09-2013
Passport Req..
05-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-03-2014
karamatnajeeb said:
Good, that's great, atleast now you will be receiving PR cards. You can later apply for correction. Any indication what correction is required ?.
On COPR, Landing officer didn't mentioned port of landing. :(

Arora5983

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
NS
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
18-01-2014
Nomination.....
19-07-2013
AOR Received.
21-09-2013
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Med's Request
29-09-2013
Passport Req..
05-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-03-2014
SaiSivaRam said:
Yes, i received my cards on last Friday - it has been a long stressful waiting period - it feels so good now !!
Congrats SSR

karamatnajeeb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
20-03-2014
Arora5983 said:
On COPR, Landing officer didn't mentioned port of landing. :(
So probably this minor mistake done by the officer caused the file to be sent for varification ?.

karamatnajeeb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
20-03-2014
ab100 said:
Got my PR card yesterday! Thanks guys
Hi AB,

Congratulations, I can understand how much relieved you must be feeling upon receiving PR cards after such a long time. By the way what feed back you were getting from the CIC office when following up with them. Not sure if your file was also under varification like mine and some other members.

Seems now only i am left who has not received PR cards yet, please pray for me and enjoy fine summer of Canada.

ImmigrantNew

Jun 7, 2014
Congratulations to all whose long wait is over and have received their cards. Some consolation to Karamatnajeeb that he is not alone. We landed on April 3rd and 3 of the 5 members are still waiting for our cards. Standard response; the cases have been sent for verification. I managed to get this information that this verification process is for internal controls and not related to applicant. This makes sense as all verification should and must have been done prior to issuing landing papers not after landing.

One query for Sarayu:

Did you request the call centre to send a query to the card processing office or did he/she voluntarily sent it.

Does anyone know of the email address (if available) where a plea could be made for the PR Cards in case there is a genuine issue to request an early issuance.

My wife and eldest son received it in routine on June 24th.

sarayu

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
29-Mar-2012 Nomination Extn: 28-Sep-2012
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
25-Jan-2013 ECAS "Med Rec": 21-Mar-2013 In Process: 05-Sep-2013 Decision Made: 05-Oct-2013
Passport Req..
07-Oct-2013 & 20-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
ImmigrantNew said:
Congratulations to all whose long wait is over and have received their cards. Some consolation to Karamatnajeeb that he is not alone. We landed on April 3rd and 3 of the 5 members are still waiting for our cards. Standard response; the cases have been sent for verification. I managed to get this information that this verification process is for internal controls and not related to applicant. This makes sense as all verification should and must have been done prior to issuing landing papers not after landing.

One query for Sarayu:

Did you request the call centre to send a query to the card processing office or did he/she voluntarily sent it.

Does anyone know of the email address (if available) where a plea could be made for the PR Cards in case there is a genuine issue to request an early issuance.

Hi ImmigrantNew,

Your point "the verification process is for internal controls and not related to applicant" makes sense to me. Same as like you there are few guys who got the cards only for a part of family members and still waiting for the rest of the family members. This is really big question for everybody that what verification is going on.

Coming to my case, I kept calling the CIC call center often...I don't know if they have any record that how often a client is calling them...but I didn't care it. So, I think it was 5th time that I called them around June last week, and I told the guy that it's more than 3 months since we landed (landed on March 10th) and still waiting for the cards. He said, I have no idea what the reason for the delay but "looks everything is GOOD on your file". Then he said, he is gonna send a note to the cards issuing department to look into my file. 3 days after that I have called them again...then they said the cards have already been dispatched just on that day. Finally I got all 4 of our family members cards on the same day on July 3rd which was a gift for my wife's Birthday!!!

Thanks,
Sarayu.

Ali78

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Canada
LANDED..........
20-Mar-2014
Hi to all

I landed on March 20th but unfortunately needed to leave Canada due to some personal reasons and hence awaiting PR card still for myself and family. Does anyone here left Canada but still got PR card? We wanted to return by August / Sept originally but unable to do it now due to PR cards delay. It seems that all those who left in March or later have not got their PR cards and their files have gone into oblivion. Common word of CIC for it "under verification". Will be grateful if anyone can help on this.

SaiSivaRam

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
28-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
ImmigrantNew said:

One query for Sarayu:

I was actually in a similar situation a week ago (my wife got her card but not me) - as far as i understood, there is some random "verification" is going on and CIC call center agents seems to have no clue - i was calling them at least once a week and every time i got the same response - all they can do is sending reminder to the concerned department - since my application was not forgotten but under "verification", this was not helping in my case either - all that agent could suggest is TO WAIT - thats what i did - waited patiently for almost 5 months !!

Good luck -

SaiSivaRam

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
28-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
Also - every time i mentioned about my travel arrangements and the CIC call center agent had a standard answer "apply for a travel document (TD) in the country you are visiting" - it seems they really dont take this issue (delay in PR cards) very seriously as an alternative exists - even i tried to make her feel the urgency in my case, by telling her that ... what if i am not issued a TD ... or what if i am stopped by a Canadian Border Agency officer .... i cant take risk since i am going on strict timeline and have to return on time to work otherwise i may loose my job .... no time to apply for TD in India etc ... but she had a standard answer "apply for TD" ........ i havent done much research but it seems there is no way you can request to expedite this process !!

karamatnajeeb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
20-03-2014
Ali78 said:
Hi to all

I landed on March 20th but unfortunately needed to leave Canada due to some personal reasons and hence awaiting PR card still for myself and family. Does anyone here left Canada but still got PR card? We wanted to return by August / Sept originally but unable to do it now due to PR cards delay. It seems that all those who left in March or later have not got their PR cards and their files have gone into oblivion. Common word of CIC for it "under verification". Will be grateful if anyone can help on this.
I am among those unlucky ones who have not received PR cards yet (landed with you on 20th March) and left Canada on 3rd April leaving my son in Canada who keeps chasing CIC to hear ' files are under varification '.

Hope you provided mailing address at the time of landing. Please advise how you followup with CIC about cards from outside Canada ?.

Can summerise various comments posted in this thread as follows:

Varification is CIC's internal process.
10 percent of files are randomly picked for varification.
Nothing can be done to expedite process.
Many candidates participating in this thread had their file under varification but received PR cards recently.

Ali78

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Canada
LANDED..........
20-Mar-2014
Dears

I have made calls to CIC through help of friends etc. However, consistently I have been informed by agents that "everything is OK but since its under verification hence no timeframe can be given". Also, they continuously inform about Travel document applying from the embassy of the country we live. In our case its UAE.

I gave full address at the time of landing plus updated online also later. If anyone who got cards after short landing can share their experience. I think they are delaying for those who left early? Is this assumption true? If yes, than Travel doc is the only option left I guess.