+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Delayed - VERIFICATION in process - Anyone in the same boat ?

Arora5983

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
NS
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
18-01-2014
Nomination.....
19-07-2013
AOR Received.
21-09-2013
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
In Process, Pymt Request and Paid on 05-02-2014
Med's Request
29-09-2013
Passport Req..
05-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-03-2014
SaiSivaRam said:
No Sarayu - my card hasnt been dispatched - the agent clearly said its under 'verification' and not sure how long before they print it - what confuses me is they took a decision only after 10-months of verification of my candidature (admissibility/eligibility/medical etc) then whats that they are still looking for ? i have full-time permanent employment in totally related to my Canadian studies and i am ready to provide whatever documentation they want, if that's the case? i have been given the same response whenever i called for almost a month now (i am checking with them since my wife received her PR card but not me) !!!

I wouldnt be super-worried if both of us didnt get our PR cards !!

SSR
Hi SSR,

We are also in same boat, i called 2-3 times CIC call center, person replied that they are doing some verification and they don't know nothing apart from this and We are travelling to India in start of Oct. Don't know what to do. :(

SaiSivaRam

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
28-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
Arora5983 said:
Hi SSR,

We are also in same boat, i called 2-3 times CIC call center, person replied that they are doing some verification and they don't know nothing apart from this and We are travelling to India in start of Oct. Don't know what to do. :(
I am exactly in the same dilemma - i have plane tickets booked for end of August and haven't received my PR card - I explained the same to CIC and they suggest me to apply for travel document in India - probably its easy to say from their end, but involves so much work, and that i am going on vacation, dont want to spoil it by going around these offices and filling up all the necessary documents, and hoping everything to go smooth - to be honest this is insane !!

SSR

Summerr

Jun 28, 2010
Ontario
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14 NOV 2013
Doc's Request.
15 May 2014(reminder mail) and 11 June 2014(specifics)
Nomination.....
1 Oct 2013
AOR Received.
7 January 2014
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
7 January 2014
Interview........
No Interview but Decision Made on July 7
LANDED..........
Inland
Verifying what? Are we still alive/dead?
Honestly their procedures are so lame sometimes that they don't make sense.

sarayu

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
29-Mar-2012 Nomination Extn: 28-Sep-2012
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
25-Jan-2013 ECAS "Med Rec": 21-Mar-2013 In Process: 05-Sep-2013 Decision Made: 05-Oct-2013
Passport Req..
07-Oct-2013 & 20-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
SaiSivaRam said:
I am exactly in the same dilemma - i have plane tickets booked for end of August and haven't received my PR card - I explained the same to CIC and they suggest me to apply for travel document in India - probably its easy to say from their end, but involves so much work, and that i am going on vacation, dont want to spoil it by going around these offices and filling up all the necessary documents, and hoping everything to go smooth - to be honest this is insane !!

SSR
Hi SSR,

I can understand your pain, but still one thing I wanted to tell you here. Applying for a travel document in India is not very difficult. I mean that's the last option you got.

I had applied for travel document in Hyderabad VFS office (don't need to go to Canadian Consulate in New Delhi). In my case it took around 20 days to get my visa stamped. Please let me know if you need more info on this.

I am in Calgary and can talk over the phone as well just in case if you need more information.

Thanks,
Sarayu.

perfusionist

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Hi Guys

I am in the same boat. Landed on Apr 23rd still havent received my card. When I spoke to CIC call center agents, they said its under verification.

In my case, I landed in Winnipeg and gave my friends address in Winnipeg. Then updated it to another friends address in Toronto. Finally I ended up accepting a job in Edmonton and moved to edmonton and again updated the address to Alberta. I think this might have raised a concern for them and they are doing additional verification.

Does any one here change your address more than once?

SaiSivaRam

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
28-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
perfusionist said:
Hi Guys

I am in the same boat. Landed on Apr 23rd still havent received my card. When I spoke to CIC call center agents, they said its under verification.

In my case, I landed in Winnipeg and gave my friends address in Winnipeg. Then updated it to another friends address in Toronto. Finally I ended up accepting a job in Edmonton and moved to edmonton and again updated the address to Alberta. I think this might have raised a concern for them and they are doing additional verification.

Does any one here change your address more than once?
Sorry to hear that there are more people adding to this list. YES i did, but i moved within the same city and it was just before i got PPR. So i doubt that would have caused a problem in my case.

Lets hope this god-knows-what-exactly-is-this-verification would end soon and we get our PR cards.

SSR

SaiSivaRam

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
28-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
Arora5983 said:
Hi SSR,

Keep us posted

karamatnajeeb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
20-03-2014
sarayu said:
Hi ab100,

This is totally unfair by CIC to delay in issuing the PR cards. Are you single OR have a family with wife and kids? Because SSR's wife received her PR card but he is still waiting.

In my case, I have called them at least 5-6 times just in 15 days span. Every time they use to say, everything looks great on your file but we don't know why the cards issuing department is not shipping your cards. Finally one day the CIC call center agent said, I sent a message to issuing department to look at your file...So, 2 days after that our 4 cards were shipped.

Just keep following them man. Good luck.

Thanks,
Sarayu.
Waiting game for PR is very frustrating. We did our landing on 20th March, 2014 and left Canada on 3rd April except my son who remained there. He keeps following up with CIC about our landing PR but to no avail. The answer is always " your file is under variation". I have no clue how to come out of this frustrating situation.

Would appreciate suggestions please.

Arora5983

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
NS
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
18-01-2014
Nomination.....
19-07-2013
AOR Received.
21-09-2013
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
In Process, Pymt Request and Paid on 05-02-2014
Med's Request
29-09-2013
Passport Req..
05-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-03-2014
SaiSivaRam said:
Keep us posted
sure i will update, once i get it.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Now new PR card processing time shown as 21 days. But mine is 45 days, still PR card not received? Anybody is waiting for PR card more than 40 days?

Smiley88

Mar 3, 2014
ttrajan said:
Now new PR card processing time shown as 21 days. But mine is 45 days, still PR card not received? Anybody is waiting for PR card more than 40 days?
Hi,

We have landed on May 17, 2014 under NLPNP. Now we have moved to BC. We still retained our NL postal address just in case. This morning, we received a call from CIC card processing saying that our photos have been missing and we need to take our photos along with drivers licence and passports to local CIC office. They even gave an appointment. We told them that we cant make it and asked for an appointment in the closest CIC office. Now my question is did anybody else face the same situation? Its almost 63 days since we landed. Help please.. ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

karamatnajeeb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
20-03-2014
ttrajan said:
Landed on 20th March so 120 plus days but no PR.

Summerr

Jun 28, 2010
Ontario
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14 NOV 2013
Doc's Request.
15 May 2014(reminder mail) and 11 June 2014(specifics)
Nomination.....
1 Oct 2013
AOR Received.
7 January 2014
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
7 January 2014
Interview........
No Interview but Decision Made on July 7
LANDED..........
Inland
Smiley88 said:
Hi,

We have landed on May 17, 2014 under NLPNP. Now we have moved to BC. We still retained our NL postal address just in case. This morning, we received a call from CIC card processing saying that our photos have been missing and we need to take our photos along with drivers licence and passports to local CIC office. They even gave an appointment. We told them that we cant make it and asked for an appointment in the closest CIC office. Now my question is did anybody else face the same situation? Its almost 63 days since we landed. Help please.. ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Better go pay a visit to NL and get it done over there where they booked your appointment. I would not risk it.

karamatnajeeb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
20-03-2014
Arora5983 said:
sure i will update, once i get it.
Hi,

Have you received ?, if not, what is the feedback from CIC. We landed on 20th March, no PR yet .
CIC says it's under varification.

karamatnajeeb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
20-03-2014
ab100 said:
I agree. I will follow up with another call tomorrow hopefully I get a positive feedback. And no, I'm single.
Hi,

Would you share the status of your PR cards with us, hope they have been received ?, if not, what is the feedback from CIC.