+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card delayed due to passport photo requirements

hpayila

Dec 14, 2018
Hi All,

I did my PR (soft) Landing on June 29, 2019, and came back to the US on next day i.e; 30th.
But on July 11 I got an email from IRCC VO Sydney which said that the photos that I have submitted have not met the Requirements of Canada Passport Photos.
So, they asked me to re-submit another set of 2 photos which needs to be mailed at VO Sydney address.

But they did not mention anything when they issued me a COPR or at time of Landing. Does anyone else has faced this problem at the time of the PR Card?

Does submitting new photos fix the problem and will they send me the PR Card?

Please help if you heard of any such case among your friends or anyone else.

Thanks.

hpayila

Dec 14, 2018
I have mailed them the Passport Photos on Thursday, July 11 via FedEx. But today when I try to track the package it was still sitting in a local warehouse and when asked customer service about it they mentioned that they are returning the package to me because the address it was being sent is a PO Box address in Canada and FedEx doesn't serve packages to PO Box.

As per CIC email, they mentioned to send the Passport Photos to the below Address:
Case Processing Center - Permanent Resident Card
PO Box 4500
Sydney, Nova Scotia B1P 6L1

So the only option left for me is to send the photos via USPS. But am afraid they might lose the package contents as they don't have tracking service when the package crosses US border.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.