+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card delayed 2 months

smartstyle

Mar 15, 2010
Hi guys

I have landed on 9th May 2011. I still don't have my PR card received to the address ? There was a postal strike, but still too long time i have not received anything ? What might be the reason for this ? The online system is indicating i have become a PR of Canada on 9th, but no PR card, I have received a healthcare and SIN first two weeks after landing. What might be the reason for the PR delay ? I gave the officer my address written on paper so misspelling is impossible. Some people complain the picture does not match, but my picture is in accordance with the requirements and I haven't received any kind of notice about that my picture is bad or anything like this ????? I have no correspondence coming from the Immigration.

What might be the reason for such a long delay ? Is it still possible for the PR card to arrive or I have to stop waiting and try to apply for a new one ?

mmartin79

Jul 17, 2011
Hi smartstyle,

I have the same problem. I landed on May 3, 2011, and still don't have my PR Card.

I called the 1-888-242-2100 number, the girl told me she would put a note on my file, and asked me to wait 30 more days (natural days, no business days).

melbourne1

May 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2010
Doc's Request.
04-11-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Med's Request
17-01-2011
Med's Done....
01-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2011
LANDED..........
20-03-2011
Hi Smartstyle,

I had the same problem. Landed on the 8th of May, and after the 42 business days had expired I called the call centre and was told my card is still in process and to call again in a couple of weeks, he was rather rude and arrogant about it. I called back and spoke to another agent, this time I was firm but polite and told her that the CIC was now in breach of their own standards, and I needed the card urgently. This time she emailed the section responsible for printing the cards and asked me to call back in two days. I called the next day and was told that the card had been mailed in the morning. I received it 5 days later.

So give them a call and ask they they expidite the printing - they can do this. Also not all the call agents are as helpful as others, so no harm calling again (if you can stand their long wait times) if you don't get satisfaction from the first agent. Just make sure you don't speak to one you had just spoken to.

canyeah_Can

Mar 1, 2011
I completed landing in the 1st week of May-2011 through Rainbow bridge, and returned back the same week.
Its been 4 months and I still haven't got the PR CARD yet, my wife and daughter got theirs some time around July27-2011.

The number they have given on website 1-888-242-2100 (PR-CARD enquiry) doesn't seem to work from out of Canada,
and in some post I read said, 1-613-944-4000 works from outside, but that doesn't seem to work either.

Qorax and other seniors any advice please, on how to reach the CIC office from out of Canada, calling card seems to be a solution, would you please let me know any good calling card option that would work.

Thank you.

karsatjaya

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
11-06-2011
mmartin79 said:
Hi smartstyle,

I have the same problem. I landed on May 3, 2011, and still don't have my PR Card.

I called the 1-888-242-2100 number, the girl told me she would put a note on my file, and asked me to wait 30 more days (natural days, no business days).
SmartStyle and mmartin79 did you guys receive your PR cards by any chance ? My son & I received our cards but still waiting for my wife's card and already 3 months passed so far no clue. Please keep us posted your updates.

canyeah_Can

Mar 1, 2011
I tried my luck again today, called through calling card no luck , called 1-613-944-4000 (from outside Canada) and it worked.
Used option 1 , 2, 1, 2, and 1.

Took me about 3 attempts and after 1 hr, finally got hold of an adviser. Patience is needed.

The adviser was very polite, knew what he was doing, he said, Some how the apartment number got left out from the address I gave at the time of landing.

They would send me a letter where I have to sign authorizing them to send me another PR Card since incorrect address issue.
and it would take another 6 weeks for the card to arrive.

Hopefully it should come through this time.

nemesis077

Sep 7, 2011
I have landed june 6 still waiting for my PR card. I just called this number (0016139444000 today to confirmed the processing time. The representative told me that she can't see any issue why it is delay but she told me she is going to e-mail the relevant department to raise the issue.

Finally she asked me to call again after 30 days.

Sinbad

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 9,2010
LANDED..........
Apr 24,2011
This is our PR card experience
We landed in April. At the time of landing, we submitted photos according to the old specs. The officer accepted all our photos expect my youngest one's. I had photos according to new specs with me, so gave that. By June end, we received PR cards for Self and eldest child. Photos of my wife's and second child's were rejected. We received the letter to submit the photos to Calgary office either through mail or in person. Took pictures from walmart and went in person to submit. This time, the officer accepted my wife's and not my son's. So went to Walmart again, took another set. This time, it was accepted.

The Calgary office sends the files to Nova Scotia every Friday. It seems that it will take another 6-8 weeks for us to receive the cards. Will let you know when we receive the cards.

If you are in Calgary and in case any of you are interested in going around Calgary to see the Calgary attractions, by public transport, there is a site which details, which route to take etc. It also gives GPS coordinates, so it is easy to find the location, if you are travelling by car -see this -http://www.todocanada.ca
Here is a list of attractions - http://www.todocanada.ca/things-to-do-incalgary/

glasszone33

Nov 2, 2011
My wife's PR card was not delivered yet after 3 months. I called this number 1-613-944-4000, thanks for providing it. The customer service was very polite and cooperative, after asking security questions she check my wife's status and said nothing was sent yet and she will leave a note as a reminder for them. I actually called the number above but it was something else and the lady transferred my call, I wonder if somebody knows what to press after calling this number exactly
thank you for the info guys

ramansra685

Star Member
Sep 30, 2010
Ludhiana
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-dec-2009
File Transfer...
17-feb-2010
Med's Request
13 jan-2011
Med's Done....
26 jan-2011
Interview........
with the grace of god it waived off
Passport Req..
13-jan-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26TH MAY 2011
LANDED..........
landed on 16th july 2011
hai mmartin79 did u received ur PR card bcoz mine case is same as urs i haven't received my PR card as its near about 4 months i landed in canada

mmartin79 said:
Hi smartstyle,

nemesis077

Sep 7, 2011
I called few times but every time they said that there are some problem with my pictures. They said they will send me a letter to go to the office in some where in toronto to take the pictures but I am not in Canada so they tell me to get the travelling documents.

Today I went to the Canadian Embassy and get my Travelling documents to fly back to Canada.