+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card collected by CIC.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
For me, it appeared they acknowledged as soon as they received it, in about a week, which was also the time XpressPost took to deliver it.
The wait from after their acknowledgment to status closed was almost a month.
I checked through my MP's office, explaining I would need time to get a passport for my child. In a few days the MP's office got back to me saying the card has been received, they don't always acknowledge receipt of the PR card (some unconvincing verbiage about why), and that it's all in order and the certificate will be sent in due course.

Unclear of course whether asking the question moved things along but I'm much relieved.

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
Are you sure this is a real request from the CIC? Was it a paper letter or email?

I would call them up, because my understanding is that the PR card is collected at the oath ceremony. At which point you then need a Canadian passport which can be requested about 48h after oath, and can be processed as quickly as a day in urgent cases, or a few weeks normal processing time.

Could be different for a minor I guess; but I'd still see if you can contact them via phone. Difficult as that may be.
How can I get the passport in 48hours please ?
Thanks

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
How can I get the passport in 48hours please ?
Thanks
I replied to your PM as well but just take certificate to a service canada office 48h after the oath. That's requesting it, then takes anything from 24h to 8 weeks depending on how much you are willing to pay and if you have a ticket booked or urgent need (death of a family member) etc.

This info is all two years old pre COVID too...