+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card COB info missing

Kane89

Dec 13, 2015
Hi guys,

I have just received my PR card and found that on the backside of it in the field COB it is written "XXX".
Of course during the application process I provided COB information.
Does anyone have similar issue with COB info missing? Should I be worried about this?

Thanks in advance!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Kane89 said:
Hi guys,

I have just received my PR card and found that on the backside of it in the field COB it is written "XXX".
Does anyone have similar issue with COB info missing? Should I be worried about this?

Thanks in advance!
Was it a new PR card or renewal? If it's renewal, check the paperwork if you have mentioned the COB.
Contact cic at 1-888-242-2100 to discuss why it is printed like that and what can be done to fix it.

bubulici

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
Kane89 said:
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance!
That information should be present. You may want to use IMM5530 to correct it.

Kane89

Dec 13, 2015
Thanks for the replies!
That's a new PR and I think I will leave it as it is.
Found a couple of other guys with XXX - I guess it has something to do with the fact that we were born in USSR which no longer exists.
Anyway if this COB information is that important and should be present why would they issue my PR card with XXX in the first place?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Kane89 said:
Thanks for the replies!
Found a couple of other guys with XXX - I guess it has something to do with the fact that we were born in USSR which no longer exists.
Anyway if this COB information is that important and should be present why would they issue my PR card with XXX in the first place?
Please contact cic at 1-888-242-2100 and you can talk to them to discuss this.

Vancitybh

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
Thanks for the replies!
Hi @Kane89 , did you end up updating your PR card or if not, was there any issues while travelling due to the ‘xxx’ fields?