+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR CARD BY POST MAIL or COLLECTION AT CIC

duplexblue

Dec 3, 2012
Hi

We will land in Canada soon with Permanent resident visa, we have an address in Canada.

We will stay in Canada for 4 weeks and then return to Europe for 8 weeks to finalise the sale of our home

Q. Can I get our PR Card sent to my address in Canada and collect upon my retrun ?

Q. What happens when we depart leave canada after our 4 weeks stay ?

Q. Can we return without the PR Cards ?

Q. Do I need to get the PR Cards sent to me in Europe by FED EX / DHL ?

When PR Card is ready do CIC post by Mail or must I collect ??

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Well first pr,card they always mail.
2. If you have,someone to collecy it for,you n then send it to europe. Cic will not mail in europe.
3. Confirm with fedex I am not that sure because while ago fedex don't mail pr's, passports or stuff like that but you can check with fedex.
Before making arrangements for someone to mail them

duplexblue

Dec 3, 2012
FARID,

One extra Question

I arrive in Canada with a AEO (Arranged Employment) I have permanent resident Visa
Q. Do I have to work with this company OR can I find new work employer ?

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To be very honest I don't want to give,you wrong info. As I don't know much about this category. So wait for reply from senior members. have a good day.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should probably not talk to the immigration officers when you land about not planning to work for the AEO employer but when you have your PR, nobody will check if you come and work for them or not. You can look for another job.

troyporter

Oct 26, 2007
Normally u wont be able to re-enter Canada without the PR cards, but there is a procedure of making a formal request thru your embassy if you need to. I dont know how much red tape that involves.

Chinapeach

Dec 20, 2012
When i asked about sending a PR card by mail to someone . I was told that it would be stopped, you are not allowed to mail a PR card and it will be stopped in customs apparently.

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mostly courrier companies won't mail that's why I just mentioned to confirm before doing anyhing. So only solution will be either for you to stay for almost,two months n recieve it which is better I guess. Because sometimes does happen tht picture specifications or some minor,things cic can request those things n if you are not in canada can cause,issues. Option b, if,someone you know who can deliever it to you by hand I mean travel to europe tht can work.