+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card being carried by friend

admodi86

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in India and my pr card is in toronto. One of my friends is flying back to India soon. Is it fine if I ask him to collect it for me? can it cause me issues when i return back to Toronto? or to the people whom it was mailed? is it illegal in anyway?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am in India and my pr card is in toronto. One of my friends is flying back to India soon. Is it fine if I ask him to collect it for me? can it cause me issues when i return back to Toronto? or to the people whom it was mailed? is it illegal in anyway?
If it was sent to his/her address yes you can. He/She should keep it in the envelope that it was received in and not in his/her wallet. If you have to pick it up from CIC your friend will not be able to pick it up.

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
If it was sent to his/her address yes you can. He/She should keep it in the envelope that it was received in and not in his/her wallet. If you have to pick it up from CIC your friend will not be able to pick it up.
Is there any place where this is documented.
With current PR card wait times I may need my cousin to carry it with them, and I can't find any official guidance about mailing or carrying PR card for a friend.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is there any place where this is documented.
With current PR card wait times I may need my cousin to carry it with them, and I can't find any official guidance about mailing or carrying PR card for a friend.
No it isn’t written anywhere. It is a work around people use.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Many people routinely hand-carry or mail it across before traveling using it. It is not officially recommended by authorities and you are not going to find any documentation for this