+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card arrived, returning to home country for emergency. Necessary documents?

choudhary_abhinav

Sep 27, 2016
As the title says, I've received my PR card after landing. Now, for an emergency I have to visit my home country for a period of three months or so. I believe the PR card should in itself be a valid document to allow me re-entry without any problems. So this question is just a verification of sorts, do I need any other documents when I'm re entering canada?

Home Country - India
Canada Province - Ontario

kaegon

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
Your PR may be withdrawn if you stay out of Canada for three months or so. You need to verify this before you leave. Goodluck

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Your PR may be withdrawn if you stay out of Canada for three months or so. You need to verify this before you leave. Goodluck
What are you talking about 3 months or so not true assuming the OP has no residency obligation issues. In theory they could stay away a year or so if RO is not an issue

All the OP needs to take with them is their PR card and a valid passport then they will have no issues either boarding a plane or entering Canada on return.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Completely wrong. Don't post if you have no idea what you are talking about.

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
This is utterly false.

OP, so long as you do not stay outside of Canada for three years, you'll be fine. To re-enter Canada all you need is passport and PR card. Presumably as a citizen, all you need to enter India is your passport.

wolfman2017

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2015
Why are you providing wrong advice!!!!??????